14 weeks down,did not lose this week

Options
I weigh myself every week and record my weight. Today was week 15 weigh in. I am exactly the same as last week. This is the first week that has happened. I'm bummed! I am down 34 pounds, but have alot to go. I eat 1200 calories/ day and walk 4 miles a day. I can't eat less and don't have time to walk more. I didn't eat anything different that I haven't already eatten on plan, so I couldn't have counted calories wrong. Any idea what happened? I weigh myself first thing in the morning, so I know it wasn't food that I ate during the day.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well, a 14 week run on losses is excellent. Losing weight is never linear. You can't let one week de-rail you. Patience is the key. I would NOT cut my calories more. You need to be fueling those workouts.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am just here to say I am sorry.
    You have no idea how many fanatical people are on here that are going to chew you out for eating too little.
    And, you just invited them in.
    Take everything they say with a grain of salt, don't get offended and listen to them.
    Fanatical as they may be, they are actually right.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem.
    Cannot lose weight for over 1 week.
    Only I cannot exercise, as I hurt my foot and have to be off of it for awhile doctors orders.

Please any suggestions what I can do, I also am on a 1200 calorie Diet.
    Only am getting about 1150 calories.
  • lagringaloca1
    lagringaloca1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not lose heart. I had THREE weeks where the scale did not move... the BOOM 2 lbs came off, then the next week 1.5 lbs came off! Now I am back to 1 lb a week. Just keep on keeping on... The only thing I did different is I changed up what I was eating a bit. Let myself have some starchy carbs and other foods I was craving, maybe ate a few more calories a couple days a week, then went back down to what I should be eating. Just enough of a change to confuse my body into thinking it did not have to store fat for energy. Hang in there!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It happens and it's normal. Some weeks you'll have bigger losses, some weeks smaller losses, some weeks no losses, and some weeks you might even show a gain on the scale. It's the overall trend that's important. There's so many different variables that can alter the number on the scale, from fluid retention due to exercise, food or hormones, to having a poop on deck. :blushing:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    While 1200 calories may be eating too little I'm not going to get into that. You can't expect that weight loss will happen exactly the same all the time. The closer you get to your goal the more it will slow down and you may even go for months with no loss. Your body gets tired of the same thing all the time and will rebel. Maybe change up your exercise for some aerobics, some lifting, something a bit more strenuous than walking. Change up your food intake a bit as well.
  • disney_girl125
    disney_girl125 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! I'm not under eating. I eat the 1200 calories that it calculated I eat. I choose not to eat exercise calories. I'm not hungry. I make good low calorie food choices to keep myself from being hungry.