Tgi Fridays nutrition info "as served" includes fries?

Options
I feel like 1110 calories is way too much for a cheese burger. The nutrition PDF says as served, would that include fries? Is there anyone like corporate I can contact toget a definite answer, or do any of you know for sure if fries are included?

Replies

• branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had the same thoughts about applebees' hamburger, its almost 900 calories. Maybe I am naive but I find it hard to believe that one burger patty and a bun has that many calories. I just get the plain burger since I don't like a bunch of odd things on my burgers.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I would say that does not include fries. I avoid TGI at all costs (not because I did not used to love it there, but because the quality has gone way down...they comped my last meal because they served me chicken filled with grissle and nasty bits). You're better off getting a burger...anywhere else. Even 5 Guys if you have one of those. At least they use real potatoes to make their fries in-house and they use good quality beef.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    Not sure for definite, but when I was in a pub for lunch (Wetherspoons) it listed the burger calories as 879 and it specifically said not including chips or onion rings, so I would say it would just be the calories for the burger.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Five Guys is 840 calories so I would say that TGIF calorie count is accurate and yes, just the burger. Not worth calling them.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    1110 calories for just a burger sounds plausible to me.

Just look at the calories for a Five Guys plain burger. 700 calories. Their cheese one is 840. Bacon cheeseburger is 920. 1110 is totally in the scope of reality for just a burger.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I would say that is most definitely accurate. The fries are probably at least another 4-500 calories.
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My second job is as a server at TGI Friday's and I have looked into our nutrtion facts many times because I am there 3 times a week - let's just put it this way...I bring my dinner from home lol. That sounds right for just the burger. I love the place but the calories and fat in everything is outrageous not to mention the sodium!!! It is off the charts. Just an example, the Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta has over 1,000 calories and somewhere in the field of 30+ grams of fat. Not worth it

So, unfortunately, that is correct for the burger :-(
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yep, be prepared to make restaurant burgers the occasional treat, or cut them in half and eat them over two days.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you but I worked in a TGI Fridays for years and I can promise you probably only a small portion of that burger is actually burger meat....They stuff a lot of crap into their patties.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    it's very accurate -- ones you buy in a store the burger alone is around 300 cals

you don't know what the leaness of the meat is so yes - and cheese is loaded with calories and so are those buns
  • ViennaTaylor
    Options
    I'm not on a diet or anything but its still not worth it for a cheese burger alone, thanks for the info! Oh and I'm not crazy about eating out thankfully :)