New to Myfitness pal and looking for support and ideas

Options
Hi everyone,

My names Heather and I've just recently decided to join Myfitnesspal after spending the last 2 months on the Insanity program and dipping into this forum every now and again for advice, tips and motivation.

I've just started my second round of Insanity (I know I must be mad) with my husband. This time round I've decided to make sure I'm following a better diet plan so I'm looking for some great motivation and recipe ideas to keep me on track.

I've worked out that I should be having around 1800 calories per day split into 5 x 360 calorie meal blocks.
If any of you have any suggestions or recipes please let me know as I'm getting a bit fed up with Salmon and chicken.

Replies

• BreaksGirl
    BreaksGirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I've been on this site for a few months and am really struggling. As a 44 year old woman with a desk job and a massive sweet tooth I have a hard time staying on track! This site has helped because it shows me what I'm actually doing day by day...but still I struggle. My boyfriend is amazingly supportive and loves me unconditionally but I sure would feel better if I could get to my goal and fit into cute clothes again!

What is the Insanity program? I'll send recipes when I get some ideas so friend me, okay?

Thanks and have a great day!
    Mary
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Heather,

Your perspective of 5 meals is right on target. 5-6 times s day is wonderful, although it might be easier with 2 snacks and 3 full meals. Take a look at the Fast Metabolism book by Haylie Pomroy (B&N). Just finished 28 days and 20 lbs lost. The diet portion isn't the big item; the structure, volume and food choices are. Not only does it make good nutrition sense, but the approach definitely fits your 5 meal approach. And if 1800 calories is your target, that matches up well with her 1.5 portion size (She doesn't measure calories, but 1.5 portions on her plan would run about 1800 calories). I would be surprised if you're hungry on that amount of food.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • Dkholmes1971
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Deanne. I just joined. I find I am more accountable for my weight loss and eating habits when I journal daily so this is replacing weight watchers... I have a ton of weight watchers cook books with some good and unusual recipes I will share. I believe the insanity site also has recipes. I didn't try too many of them, but I believe my friend has and I can check with her. Congrats on your second round. It is a hard workout.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather

Hello and welcome to MFP. I'm 49, have an underactive thyroid (not on medication) and slowly accepting that my body is changing. Well done on using Insanity, my shoulders and knees cracked a lot trying to do the 30 Day Shred. So I walk with Leslie Sansone and I'm trying the 5:2 plan for the past couple of months.

There are a lot of groups and forums here where you can find support, 'experts' and people in a similar situation to yourself - have a good look around and see where you feel comfortable. You can join a group for people in your area, your age group, Ladies who Lunch and I'm sure there's a group for Insanity! Plenty of recipes and other help here too.

Best of luck on your journey, feel free to friend me!