The Zumba Crew w/o 8/9

Options
Hey everyone, new week!
For those of you who are not already a part of the Zumba crew, it is a great place to ask questions or just chitchat about Zumba!
How was everyone's week?! Mine has been good, and I am not co-instructor of a 'Latin Dance Workout class (until October when I finally get licensed!) So it is pretty exciting to finally be leading class, even if I can't call it Zumba til then.

Replies

• zumbalori
    zumbalori Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How do you join the Zumba Crew?? I love Zumba!! I Zumba about 5 times a week, sometimes twice a day!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Just participate in this thread! It starts new every Monday. Tell us about yourself and how you came across Zumba, why you love it, things that frustrate you, or questions you might have.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl! I love Zumba and will not be doing it 5-6 times a week. Mondays day off, Tuesdays at 8:15 p.m., Wednesdays at 7 a.m., Thursdays at 5:45 p.m., Fridays at 7 a.m., Saturdays at 11:45 a.m. and Sundays at 1:45 p.m. I just can't get enough!!! I am working towards losing the next 28 lbs. to get certified :bigsmile:
  • pwurtz1231
    pwurtz1231 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I bought the DVDs but when I move into military housing at the end of the year, I'll hopefully be going to the free Zumba classes on Hickam AFB! I just joined MyFitnessPal and I'm still trying to get into a routine with Zumba, but out of the DVDs, right now I really like the abs workout. I also like the toning one with the toning sticks. Plus, the DVD teaching you some of the moves is actually a pretty darn good workout as well!
  • scoobdoob808
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been wanting to try Zumba but I am hesitant to buy the DVD's, as I am a horrible dancer and I am not sure I will like it, anyone know where I can try it out before I buy them (I also hate doing things in front of people especially since I am not cordinated). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Scoobdoob - luckily you don't need to be a great dancer to get the hang of Zumba, and even if you never catch on to the moves, the important thing is that you move your body to the music and get that heart rate up! If you do attend a class, keep in mind that no one is looking at you and that no one would ever make fun of any one in class..they are all there for the same reason. It does take several sessions to get a handle on some of the moves but it is so much fun, especially after you get the hang of it.

As for trying it out, something that I do is go onto Youtube, and type in Zumba. You will get back tons of videos of classes showing off their routines. My favorite class to watch is called "Hickory Zumba" So just do a search for that, and pick a song and go! Good luck, let us know how it works out!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Love my ZUMBA, but this week will be challenging! we are signing on our 2nd house tonight. Then we have to start to remodel it and get it on the renting market... Ugh it's going to be a long week/month. :)
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Wowee..on the plus side, remodeling will take some calories if you guys are doing it yourselves!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My zumba class recently changed location. It's now a 25 minute ride away! It has severely impacted my motivation to go! I haven't been in close to a MONTH I think. :embarassed:

I can feel myself gain in my trouble areas again. Weight wise, I'm about the same without it but I miss the toning! I have to find the motivation to go. Zumba is one of the only things that helped me lose the weight...
  • zumbalori
    zumbalori Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got started with Zumba about 2 years ago to help out a friend get students when she had just gotten certified. I was HOOKED my first class! I go 3 times a week but could go more as my gym offers 6 a week but would involve me going twice a day so no thank you! lol It is so much fun and works every muscle in your body! Our own little Zumba Crew at my gym is like a family. We are all great friends now, hang out outside the gym, and several more ladies have gotten certified. Thanks for giving us this opportunity to talk about our obsession! =]
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    it really is like family! We don't have any men in our class, so we call it our 'girls night'.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    hooray for zumba! teaching another class tonight :) should be fun! My friend and i have been looking for space to rent in the area so we can start hosting our own classes instead of subbing for someone else. it's a pain in the butt to get anyone to respond to my requests, that's for sure!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wowee..on the plus side, remodeling will take some calories if you guys are doing it yourselves!

Yes, we are doing it all ourselves. We started last night and I think I sweated 5 lbs off by ripping down the walls in the bathroom. Too bad I don't have a HRM, I really don't know how to log house renovations in MFP. I'm going to zumba tonight then going straight over to the house to do some more work.
  • DJFMN
    DJFMN Posts: 7
    Options
    Started my 3rd week of Zumba this week using the DVD's still having a great time. Have been doing the ab workout the toning workout and the 20 minutes Express. Love Zumba cannot get enough. I am doing Zumba 6 times a week. Hoping to see results soon and that all of this will payoff. It is still so much fun I really am enjoying it.