My Small Little NSV :)

Options
anabita15
anabita15 Posts: 22 Member
It's not a huge deal but to me, it put the biggest smile on my face.

Today marks the last day of the 4th week I've been consecutively working out (approx. 6 days a week) and eating right.

I've tried to lose weight before but never made it past the 2-week mark. It's now become a habit for me, and working out when I get home from work has become an addiction and a WICKED de-stressor. :) On top of that, I haven't had fast food ONCE since I started!!! A big deal for a Subway addict ;) The occasional restaurant date, yes, but I've successfully knocked the caesar salads and big burgers in favour of house salads and fish. I feel healthy and strong, and I can do proper push-ups now!

I get a little bit stronger every day, and it feels incredible.

Feel free to add me as I don't yet have friends on this site, and we can get stronger together :)

Happy Thursday!

Replies

• LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great to realize one day that you're making a huge change in your life? I know that when my son was able to wrap his arms around my waist and touch his hands together, it made it all worth the effort. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!
  • anabita15
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great to realize one day that you're making a huge change in your life? I know that when my son was able to wrap his arms around my waist and touch his hands together, it made it all worth the effort. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!

It really does! One day it just sinks in that it's not all for nothing, and that if you keep going, reaching your goals is inevitable :) That must have been so wonderful with your son! It must be amazing to have him around as a motivator :) And well done on 47lbs!!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    The occasional restaurant date, yes, but I've successfully knocked the caesar salads and big burgers in favour of house salads and fish.

That ^^ is me. lol! Except I get the chicken instead of fish.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I feel the same way, I was in a rush and had something from a fast food restaurant recently and literally felt sick afterwards. Its amazing how tastes and habits change.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Go you! I, too, have had a hard time getting past the first two to three weeks... until this time. The changes you start to FEEL more than see are the most incredible motivators! Congrats on your NSV and keep it up! :D
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good for you keep it up!
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats, not a small,little NSV at all huge victory. Really well done.
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So VERY proud of you! The changes you have made have given you a great
    mindset to carry you through til you reach your goal. Keep up the great job,
    it really does make one feel better about themselves when you meet your challenges.
    Good Luck!
  • anabita15
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! You're all so sweet :) I appreciate the support more than you know, and I return it all to you!!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Great work :) It's a nice feeling, being able to do things you never could before
  • anabita15
    Options
    Great work :) It's a nice feeling, being able to do things you never could before

It really is! I'm learning to take it easy on weighing myself because the bigger achievements are those little things that suddenly, one day, you're able to do! The body adapts very quickly, I'm learning :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!