What do you get at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Indigestion. I know I'm in the minority, but I hate the place. No matter what I order, I end up feeling sick.

You may be in the minority, but you're right. Totally overrated food. Gross portions. And most importantly, never eat at a place that sells "Mexican" food but is patronized entirely by gringos.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    you can get anything but only eat 1/2. :(
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Chicken burrito bowl- brown rice, black beans, pico, green mild and hot sauce, extra corn salsa, guac and lettuce!!!! YUMMMMMMMAYYYYY :bigsmile: And then I only eat half- my son or daughter will usually tackle the other portion :wink:
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guac, corn and mild salsa...yum!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sweet baby jesus I love chipotle... but Im glad there arent any near me. I would be there every day lol
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    the bowl with EVERYTHING!! love that joint
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Indigestion. I know I'm in the minority, but I hate the place. No matter what I order, I end up feeling sick.

You may be in the minority, but you're right. Totally overrated food. Gross portions. And most importantly, never eat at a place that sells "Mexican" food but is patronized entirely by gringos.
    I initially felt that way. I don't mind the color challenged, but they can't be trusted to find good food on average. Why is Chipotle loved? It's American food with marginally Ethnic flavoring. If you mentally frame it as such, you won't have the same expectations as going down the neighborhood to Taqueria de Leon.
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sweet baby jesus I love chipotle... but Im glad there arent any near me. I would be there every day lol

LOL!!:laugh: I heard that! :laugh: And one just opened by me :noway:
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Bowl with brown rice, half black/half pinto beans, chicken, corn salsa, light sour cream and cheese, and lettuce.

Deeeelish.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Before I started counting calories I'd get a full on burrito WITH a side of chips and guac. I calculated it recently and it came out to almost 1600 calories!! And I was eating it 2 times per week on average!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE CHIPOTLE! I get the salad (no dressing) with chicken, fajitas, 3 salsas (but not the corn one) and cheese! YUM!
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I usually go to Qdoba for dinner, because it's on my way home from work, but I only go there if I didn't have a chance to have lunch while I was at work (which happens sometimes because I don't get breaks and I have to eat on the fly).

From either Chipotle or Qdoba, I get a burrito (with a wheat tortilla at Q), brown rice, black beans, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Before I started counting calories I'd get a full on burrito.

ME TOO! Stuffed with rice, beans, corn salsa and all! Once I started counting calories and got to see what I was eating, I went through and made some changes and eliminated what I didn't think was worth it. They have a great meal calculator on their site.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I initially felt that way. I don't mind the color challenged, but they can't be trusted to find good food on average. Why is Chipotle loved? It's American food with marginally Ethnic flavoring. If you mentally frame it as such, you won't have the same expectations as going down the neighborhood to Taqueria de Leon.
    I agree. It's definitely not real Mexican food (I LOVE real Mexican, especially the homemade stuff my Mexican stepmom makes :laugh: ), but I still like it. You just have to expect what you're getting, rather than expecting authentic.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, carnitas, and salsa.

chipotle.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's definitely not real Mexican food (I LOVE real Mexican, especially the homemade stuff my Mexican stepmom makes :laugh: ), but I still like it. You just have to expect what you're getting, rather than expecting authentic.

Exacto. I grew up in LA, I generally make mexican food if I want it, because it's about as common to find good mexican food outside of CA as it is to find a talking horse.

Just like putting on a speedo and having a walther doesn't make me James Bond, throwing a couple sombreros around and a saddle blanket doesn't make a place a mexican restaurant.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Here in Salt Lake, I have a Red Iguana location less than a block from where I live that is very hard to stay out of. The chile colorado is one of my "trigger foods". There is NOTHING on that menu that fits into your macros, though.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got a carnitas burrito with guacamole there the other day because it was raining and I didn't want to walk to my usual place. It was pretty tasty and I can see getting them once in a while now that I'm in maintenance mode, but if I am to believe the MFP listings, it had more than 2,500 mg of sodium. WTF?
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Burrito bowl, lettuce on the bottom, brown rice, black beans, double veggies, hot hot salsa, corn salsa, sour cream!

Oh lawdy now I'm hungry.