Helpppp. Horrible eating ahead!

Options
katm427
katm427 Posts: 227 Member
There's an event tonight -- that I can't avoid -- at Chuck E. Cheese's. Yeah, that's right. Chuck E. Cheese's. Help. I don't know anything I can eat there at all. I went to look at the website for nutrition info, and all the numbers horrified me. Suggestions? Please?

Replies

• Shiree80
    Shiree80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party there not to long ago,and I just brought a salad with me.They don't mind.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    The one I go to has a salad bar which I always choose.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Really? That's wonderful. I haven't been there since I was five -- and obviously, I didn't care about nutrition at that point. Thank you.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    just remember... the food they serve there... is crap. you don't want to put that in your body - agreed, bring along a good meal, maybe even with some cheese... just... not cheese dripping with oil and god knows what else. :) you can do it!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Had the same thing happen at a Chinese Food place... I brought my own meal (4oz chicken 3.5 oz sweet potatoes) and asked for steamed veggies :) They didn't mind as other people bought food off the menu :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Worst comes to worst, just remember portion control. Maybe, volunteer to watch the kids the whole time in the play area to keep you away from the buffet. Good luck, that's a tuff one.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Try eating before you go so that you aren't as tempted by it. Remember, YOU are in control, not the food. :)

Plus, it's not quality pizza any how! But, if you can't avoid eating pizza, try eating stuff with veggies on it, or low saturated fat toppings (like ham or plain cheese, not pepperoni). Just enjoy whatever you do and don't feel guilty for it. The guilt is what makes everything bad.

Have fun!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Last time I went they had a salad bar, it was measley but grazing on carrots & lettuce is better than their pizza! I'd suggest eating a good protien before you go & try to avoid the food there.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't eat anything there. Eat before you go. Not only is the food bad for you, it is GROSS (especially the pizza). Certainly not worth wasting calories on.
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gosh! i have never heard of such a place? Does not sound good. take a sandwich or something. Pretend you have a dodgy tummy :wink: Eat before you go and plead sore tummy :bigsmile: I know, naughty :laugh:

Good luck

Louise
    x
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    Sometimes its hard to just sit there and watch everyone eat Pizza and your not, a small salad is always good, and MAYBE 2 slices of thin crust cheese pizza is OK, and run around after dinne, play games with the kids and HAVE FUN!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on this one. I am a sucker for bad/cheap pizza! My boyfriend and I took his kids not too long ago. I hadn't been since I was a kid and to my surprise they had a HUGE salad bar. Not skimpy at all. Maybe yours will have this too, I hope I hope...
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I get the pleasure of going to Chuck E. Cheese at least a couple of times a year since I have 7 nieces and nephews. Their pizza sucks so I'm not the least bit tempted. I either eat before I go or hit the salad bar.
  • bettylu1
    Options
    Eat before you go!!