Fat 2 Fit

Options
Do you agree with all the fat 2 fit calculators? You know the body fat% , waist to hip? And all those??

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do. I read New Rules of Lifting for Women and the author includes a calculation for determining caloric intake. The numbers were really similar to what I found on the fat to fit radio site. Plus, anybody or anything that suggests I eat more and lose less weight is all right in my book lol.
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do. I read New Rules of Lifting for Women and the author includes a calculation for determining caloric intake. The numbers were really similar to what I found on the fat to fit radio site. Plus, anybody or anything that suggests I eat more and lose less weight is all right in my book lol.

I am reading that book right now! I think it is a must read for all women!
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I cross checked the numbers on multiple sights and they're all fairly close so I presume they are accurate. My personal opinion is if you can take more measurements at various locations on your body it will assist in an overall BF% that is more accurate. Now the science behind the choice of the location for measurements is beyond me.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If I have a desk job BUT I run 2-4 times a week and take a couple of spinning classes, would I consider myself "sedentary" or "moderately active"? Or should I eat like a sedentary person on sedentary days and like an active person on active days? It might sound stupid but I always get tripped up by that.
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If I have a desk job BUT I run 2-4 times a week and take a couple of spinning classes, would I consider myself "sedentary" or "moderately active"? Or should I eat like a sedentary person on sedentary days and like an active person on active days? It might sound stupid but I always get tripped up by that.

I've actually read in multiple places that "sedentary" is more like for someone who LITERALLY does nothing. Lightly active is more for people who have kids to chase after, dogs to walk, a house to clean-day to day functions that require getting off of the couch. I think you could actually eat at moderately active to be honest. But I've also read that you can and should eat more on days that you work out.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I found that fat2fit underestimated by TDEE by about 300 calories. The scooby calculator was closer for me.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I found that the Fat 2 Fit body fat calculators are quite accurate. Because I was able to compare them to measurements taken by my personal trainer at the gym using calipers and they were within about a percentage point of each other.

The BMR was waaaaaaaaay off in my individual case. My gym is now offering testing to accurately measure your resting metabolic rate and mine came in way above any shown on any calculator so the Fat 2 Fit was no better or worse than others on the BMR. But my case may be unique as far as that goes.

But as far as bf calculator, they appear to be accurate.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    In terms of BF%:

Caliper measured (3-point) estimate: 37%

F2F Original BF calculator: 27.8%
    Military BF calculator (on F2F): 38.8%
    Covert Bailey BF calculator (on F2F): 26.9%

So for me the Military calculator is probably closer to accurate considering I'm 5'4 and 194lbs.

In terms of BMR, I've never actually had mine tested. Since I've never been tested, I can't say if it is accurate or not.