New Member -Hello to all

Options
I am 35 yr old. single mother of an 8 month old baby boy. I seriously need to lose about 40 pounds. I hope that I can find the strength and motivation to do so for my own health as well as for my son. I still look preg. and it is very depressing. I actually had someone ask me when my baby was due the other day!! So that was a huge wake-up for me. Hope to make some friends and find others who share my same concerns. Wish me luck - and God bless.

Replies

• BettBett
    Options
    Oh, yes, the post-baby tummy and weight gain. It's good that you're taking care of this now because many of us let it slide and that becomes our new shape. Good luck to you!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Jen! I am actually in the same boat as you.. I had my son 13 months ago and still look like I am preggo but no one has dared to come up to me and ask me that question!! Oh boy I would be so pissed if someone did!! YOu dont ask unless you are for sure for sure for sure! My goodness some people!

Anyway.. good luck with your goals! You will love this site! Really helps alot!!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome jen,

this is a great place to be and to get started. tracking my food and a friend's motivation has helped me a great deal in losing a few pounds. i've been depressed about my size, could no longer fit my clothes, but i'm finally determined and i'm sure you can and will do and be the same.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have 2 boys ... 3 1/2 and 21 months, I've fought my weight all my life but I've had several wake up calls in the last couple years, the latest was my Mom struggling with borderline diabetes. I don't want to go there so I'm on a war path to lose weight so I don't have that battle later in life. So, we're all here for all kinds of reasons but with a common goal. I wish you luck and you're welcome to friend me for support if you'd like.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this is such a great site, and it's addicting :smile: