Sodium

Options
So I was just looking at my reports for the past couple of days.

My amount of sodium seems high >2000mg. Is that high? Does it matter in weight loss? I drink water all day long. At least 2 gallons per day, sometimes 3 so I think I should be flushing it all out but am I??

Replies

• Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    So I was just looking at my reports for the past couple of days.

My amount of sodium seems high >2000mg. Is that high? Does it matter in weight loss? I drink water all day long. At least 2 gallons per day, sometimes 3 so I think I should be flushing it all out but am I??
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a lot of water!! Did you know that it's possible to drink too much water? I don't know what amount that is, but I think it's that if you get too much water and not enough electrolytes, it can make you really sick or even kill you. Maybe someone in the medical field can comment on this. ???

With the sodium, I think you just want to keep it under 3,000, right?
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Your body NEEDS 500mg/day. The intake limits set by the USFDA is 2,300 mg/day. The UK Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition recommends a goal of 1,600 mg/day. Australia recommends 920 - 2,300 mg/day.

In case you were wondering, 2,300 mg sodium is found in 5.8 g table salt.
    Lethal ingestion of salt is 1 g/kg body weight (in a short time).
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    Options
    sodium makes your body store water the more you have the more water youl store