Looking For Younger Friends

Options
Hello,

My name is Josh and I am 22 years old. I am trying to lose weight so that I can join the Airforce in September. I am currently around 205-209 depending on water weight, and I my goal weight is 165. The maximum I can enlist at is around 186, but I want to get far under that.

I begin my journey today with a strict diet, and I hope that this app can help me track everything. I have also been running, but not on a set schedule. Today I start a set schedule of running 4 times a week as well as some regular muscle exercises such as setups, pushups, and eventually heading to the gym.

I am looking for people around my age 18-26 that are also trying to lose weight. If it is for the military, that is even better! Send me a friend request!

Replies

• Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    Congrats for wanting to join the military and serve. That's very patriotic of you, and it isn't a bad career choice either :)

I have added you, and anyone else can feel free to add for daily support and motivation, or if you need someone to talk to.

There is strength in numbers...let's lose and win together! :)
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    fill free to add me
  • J3ss1caD
    J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 26.. not sure if that's "young".. lol. I'm in the Air Force myself.. feel free to add me if you like.
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Up to 26, huh? Damn... just missed the cut :tongue:
  • jgsav91
    jgsav91 Posts: 6
    Options
    Age isn't really that important, it was just a general idea of people who I would love to be friends with! I added you and you seem to be quite a beast!
  • roadregrets
    roadregrets Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey! I think we are the same age jgsav91. Anyway if you'd like to add me I am looking for some cool new friends to help me and to give support to! That is a great goal to work towards, me I would like to practice karate again.

all the best
    M
  • Surfinglil
    Surfinglil Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi folks, feel free to add me, all the youngsters together to fight against the pounds! Lily xx
  • vmoorma
    vmoorma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and you can add me too, but I'm more responding to this out of curiosity- what do people add other people for? What is the benefit? Is there a messaging thing through the app that people send messages through or do you see others' progress or why do people have friends on my fitness pal? Not new to MFP, just have never added anyone on it
  • lynzey1111
    lynzey1111 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I'm an army brat and my dads a master physical trainer. He spent 30 years serving in the army as a scout/sniper. Coincidentally, I also dated 2 men when they were enlisting and throughout boot camp, so I totally understand the struggle. Please feel free to add me!

PS I'm 23. I think that's young enough. :)