Hi - another Texan joining

Hi - they say everything is bigger in Texas and so am I. But, I'm hoping to change that. My goat isn't to be skinny - I just want to be healthier and that means losing some weight. I'm so happy I found this site.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Welcome Mamasota! I too am from Texas. Born in Cali but made my way here ASAP!!
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Hi & Welcome! :flowerforyou: I live in Texas, too! You will love it here...everyone is very encouraging, supportive, and helpful. It's also addicting (you've been warned-LOL)...I can sit and read the posts forever!!! So much information out there. Then I gotta jump up and walk it off. :laugh: Good luck on your weight loss!
  • Hi there! Im also in Texas and just got on board yesterday!
  • Hey do you need to leave in Texas to be part of the Texan gang. I live in Sunny kent, England

Wish you all the luck and your right this is one of the most motivate sites I have ever been on

Luisa x
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Welcome to MFP! The healthy goal is the best goal to have. Good luck!
  • LJSpencer
    LJSpencer Posts: 7 Member
    New Texan...need help with calorie counting! I usually do ok...but some days I realize how much I have eaten and I'm blown away as to how much I consumed! Anyone have any easy ways of counting?
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    No kidding - I just entered my food through lunch and was shocked! I had no idea I had consumed that much already. I thought I was being good. I just looked up some of the Wendy's salads and the calorie counts were off the charts. I guess this will be an education.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Thank you!