Inches or Pounds?

Options
I've got a dilemma :huh:
For the past 2 weeks I have stayed at the same weight..but I have lost 4.5 inches off my waist, hips and thighs :drinker: I'm a little discouraged about the 0lb weight loss but should I be celebrating my inches lost instead of dwelling on the weight?

I've read that sometimes people lose weight and inches seperately, e.g. one month they will lose 5 pounds and lose 1 inch but the next month it will be 1 pound and 5 inches, so is this just another strange thing my body is deciding to do? :laugh:

And what do you favour, POUNDS or INCHES? :smile: I don't know about you but I'm certainly starting to focus on my measurements more because of the fact that I'm getting smaller and can notice the difference in my clothes!

Replies

• rnaglejr
    rnaglejr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could be replacing fat with muscle, which would explain the steady weight but inches lost. You're on the right track.
  • tiffaniball06
    Options
    I look at it this way i will take what I can get.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Celebrate those inches!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Sometimes you are better off to measure inches then rely on the scale to change.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're probably replacing fat with muscle. A puond of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. Both are one pound. The difference is that muscle takes up less space. So if you lose 5 lbs and replace with 5 pounds of muscle you will definitely lose inches!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Loulouslim
    Options
    All ways quote the higest one. Coming from sales I can always find good news from any info

Good Luck

Luisa
    kent, England
  • timshunny
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've been trying to lose my baby weight (a year later!!) and I've been running on the treadmill for 2 miles 6x a week, drinking LOTS of water, and making better food choices. I've been doing this for 3 weeks straight, and haven't lost ANY weight!!!! ugh...I realize muscle weighs more than fat, but good grief...seems like I would've lost SOME weight by now.. :(
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Celebrate!!! Fantastic results. I would take the inches everyday. The weights not moving because you are replacing fat for muscle and this means more burn. Way to go. I am going to go measure, and see if I've lost anything.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Celebrate inches!
    I measure everything I can since I know that I won't always lose lbs each week. I do inches every two/three weeks and also record my BMI and Body Fat % (not sure how accurate these two are by my scales but I go with it anyway).

WELL DONE!!
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do measurements, but I struggle to work out where to do arms / thighs... is it just above the knee and elbow joints of do I have to try to work out some significant mark on me and measure there???
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks everyone for the support! i'm going to celebrate now LOL :laugh:
  • JackMiracle
    Options
    Yep, you're probably replacing fat with muscle. A puond of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. Both are one pound. The difference is that muscle takes up less space. So if you lose 5 lbs and replace with 5 pounds of muscle you will definitely lose inches!!! Congrats!!!!

and a pound of fat vs a pound of muscle. The Fat is 3 times the size that the muscle is.

Celebrate your inches! That's where the real win lies