What Activity Level?

Options
Just curious as to what I should set my activity level at? I have a desk job where I spend most of my work day sitting. But I also work out 5 days a week, whether it be running or lifting, for 20-30 minutes a day. Oh, and my running sessions are HIIT.

Replies

• sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • melissaloveshair
    Options
    I would say put your activity level as that of a desk job, and then put your workouts in under your exercise section of your diary.

I work out 5-6 days a week, and I have a job where I am basically standing/walking around most of the time. I just put my activity level as pertaining to my job and not my workouts.

Do what you feel is best for yourself though :)
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There are actually two ways you can do it. You can do it the TDEE way, which means including your exercise in your activity level (so you might choose light or moderately active) and then eating all the calories given to you that way. The other way is the MFP way, which is to choose the activity level based on your everyday activity (i.e. work) and then adding in exercise later (so you would choose a sedentary level of activity and then add the calories burned during each of your workouts). I prefer the second one because my workouts vary and I like to know exactly how much I need to eat each day, however, if you are okay with just having a general idea, using your TDEE will work as well.