Calorie counting

Options
Hi all, I do best dieting when I am calorie counting...however I have been having some trouble as of late. does anyone have some easy calorie counting ideas? Any help is appreciated. Or tell me what you do? I open to new ideas!

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well, I always try to post my meals as quickly as humanly possible to My Fitness Pal, so that I don't forget something I ate. (Sometimes I literally forget, other times I think I forget on purpose.) It does all the math, so I don't have to deal with that.

If I'm away from a computer, I write everything down so that I can enter it later. Again, that way I don't lie to myself.
  • Loulouslim
    Options
    Hi I think the most annyoing thing about counting Calorie is not knowing them, just before you put something in your mouth and then its too late and you think, crap that was too high.

What I did and it worked really well, was to make a list of all the food that you would normally eat - ie for me burgers, icecream, biscuits and then next to it put a list of food you could eat and their calories.

Also on this site I fill in my food diary a week ahead, plan what I am going to have and then I might tweek it as I go and then complete at the end of the day.

Hope these help
    Luisa
    Kent, England
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Especially when I don't have access to this website, I keep a personal journal on me with a list of commonly consumed food items and their nutritional values. I bought one for about 14 dollars (US) that helps me out a lot. Then, I can just transfer the nutritional values and exercise values on to the website here.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I plan my day out first thing in the morning so I know the calories, no accidents off wow that was way too many calories, so now I have to exercise extra hard.
  • LJSpencer
    LJSpencer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea! I should plan my whole day in the morning! I will try that! Thanks:happy: :happy: