Best Body Fat Calculator?

Options
3furballs
3furballs Posts: 476 Member
So I'm not going to pay $50 for a Bodpod and I'm trying to figure out my BFI. Using the military body fat calculator on Fat 2 Fit I get 19.6 but using the Fat 2 Fit original body fat calculator I get 25.6. Big difference Needless to say I like the 19.6 better! But I'd like to have a somewhat accurate idea of my body fat percentage.

What do you use? What's the best way to calculate that doesn't cost a bunch of money!!

Replies

• catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pick the one you like the most. The number is going to be inaccurate no matter what, and there is no way to tell by how much, so why not pick a number that you like?

But seriously, if you care about the number at all to any accuracy at all, you'll have to cough up the $50 and get a bod pod or DEXA scan done. In the long run, that's fairly cheap, and then you can use the online calculators to measure change in body composition without spending more money.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    For home use, bodyfat calipers are your best bet. They are not as accurate as DEXA or hydrostatic weighing but more accurate than those scales or those things you hold onto that measure current.