Stretch Marks HELP!

Options
Hey Everyone :D
I started my diet today and mainly because my stomach has these purple stretchmarks :'(
I am not massive (UK Size 14/16) but I have these marks that start from my pubic line and a few CM's up :'(

If I loose any weight via healthy eating and exercise will I lose them/fade? or am I stuck with them forever? ;'(

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    stretchmarks generally don't go away :-(
  • Front_Runner
    Front_Runner Posts: 175
    Options
    I know folks say they you're stuck with them... but let me tell you - mine faded A LOT after I lost weight! Also - I've heard mixed reviews about vitamin E oil (or lotion w/ vit E oil in it) - but it certainly can't HURT! :) There's hope - at least in my experience!!!!
  • tinah1126
    tinah1126 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Start putting coconut oil on them every night when you get out of the shower and they will fade out...they wont go completely away but will lighten a lot. : ) Good luck!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    They should fade in color, though, as time goes by. I had five babies, so I'm all too familiar with stretch marks, unfortunately!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Go to doc....Retin A perscription...used in accord with TCA peel (order online, not form doc, and be careful follow directions) google it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If they aren't too wide they may fade with time to a silvery line but they never completely go away.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I found Bio Oil helped fade mine (in colour/depth).
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is amazing (try it on sunburn sometime!), olive oil, coconut oil, body butters can all help.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone :D
    I started my diet today and mainly because my stomach has these purple stretchmarks :'(
    I am not massive (UK Size 14/16) but I have these marks that start from my pubic line and a few CM's up :'(

If I loose any weight via healthy eating and exercise will I lose them/fade? or am I stuck with them forever? ;'(

No. They're scars and they're with you for life.
    I have stretch marks from pregnancy. I also have a scar right up my spine from when I fell out of a tree when I was little. I was a tomboy and loved climbing, fighting and generally living like I was a boy ... my scars are lovely... they remind me I'm strong and have survived something my body found frightening