I have 3 on my stomach which are bright purple :(
    I am hoping they go away when I lose the weight <3

Day 1 of diet today <3

35264526.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The top looks fantastic and you so need to go the whole hod and wear proper bikini bottoms too but if that is a step too far then try a short sarong over bikini bottoms. Don't know what the skirt is like that goes with your top but the shorts in your picture are obviously pulling tight straight across your hips. I can just see you in a short sarong , tied lightly in front of one hip. Flattering because they aren't tight and don't cause bulges and enough to cover up any bits that you aren't quite brave enough to get out yet!!

Go for it, you'll look fab!! and when you've got a bit more confidence just take off the sarong! :wink:
  • nataliesarazyn
    nataliesarazyn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes, the dreaded confidence problem. I have absolutely none haha
    YOu look amazing!

If I looked like that in a bikini I would wear one every summer <3

And where are your stretchmarks! :O
    I have 3 on my stomach which are bright purple :(
    I am hoping they go away when I lose the weight <3

Day 1 of diet today <3

35264526.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

My stretch marks are mainly on my arms and legs, with some around my navel. They're old, white/silver marks so they don't show in photos much. But trust me, they're there. My dermatologist was actually shocked by them. she gasped when she saw them for the first time.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I, too, have never worn a bikini! Honest opinion? You look fabulous!! Wear that bikini with pride, girl!! :drinker:
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I'm 5'3" and didn't wear my first bikini until I went down to 130 pounds and I have a similar body shape as you. I was a little uncomfortable at first because I felt naked in front of everyone, but eventually I got over that!!
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    Some of the best advice I've seen on this is: If you want a bikini body, put on a bikini

You look fabulous and just think about how far you've come for confidence!
  • hardlyhappenstance
    Options
    First of all, I think you look great! Second, if you want tummy toning, add 15 minutes of pilates to your other workout. Also, squats work out your butt as well as your core, so keep going!!!
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great. I'd like to see the bottoms with it.

I'm bigger than you and I still wear a bikini! AND I am super pale and have stretch marks on my thighs. Things like stretch marks aren't going to be noticeable by anyone but you. Just keep working out and eating good food and wear that bikini with confidence. It's liberating once you stop focusing on covering up!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm a few pounds above what I would like to be this summer. I considered not wearing my bikini but decided that I need to appreciate my body NOW, not WHEN.... Also, no one else cares as much as I do. So, I stand proud, put my shoulders back and walk proud. :)

You look fabulous. If you walk with confidence, you will look beautiful!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I read the title and opened the post and saw your picture (before reading what you'd written), I thought this was a post about "I used to be so scared to wear a bikini, but look at me now rocking this bikini". You certainly look like an "after" picture in that bikini to me!!

Wear it with confidence, you look awesome.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    that top is super cute!
    If you can, try getting a professional spray tan. before a pool party it is worth it! now I know why BB professionals all spray tan...you feel so much more fit in like 10 minutes :)
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think what you might be focusing on in these pictures could be easily fixed. Take off those shorts. Elastic waist is going to make almost anyones tummy pudge out.

That being said. I think you should go for it. Easier said than done I know. I'm debating on wearing a bikini this summer. My stomach is a ridiculous mess of extra skin and stretch marks.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT and that top looks amazing . you should go all out and wear bikini bottom aswell there is no point in being ashamed of stretch mark . i got them all over my body too they are my battle scars :D (and i honestly cant see them on your pics) you are going to be the prettiest girl at the beach this summer

and honestly i am 114 and still too shy to wear a bikini in public XD
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    You look great, you should wearbit with pride. You have came along way wear it with confidence
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    honestly you look great....I wish I looked that good in a bikini!!
  • mistyme
    mistyme Posts: 26
    Options
    Do you go to the beach often? Go to the beach, look around, and take note. There are very few swimsuit model bodies out there.

I think you should wear it. You don't look bad at all. One trip to a nude beach and I'm sure that will cure you of your swimsuit insecurity issue. People can tell what your body looks like whether it's covered by a thin stretchy fabric or if it's exposed. Get your tan on, enjoy the sunshine, have fun, and don't worry about what people might think. It's the beach... What's more natural than the human body?

I haven't thought twice about what other people look like at the beach since maybe I was in high school. Now I only notice severe lobster sun burns... So... Wear sunscreen. :smile:
  • dancerbyday
    dancerbyday Posts: 61
    Options
    I have definitely seen worse, and you honestly don't look that bad. But in my opinion, if you aren't comfortable in your swimsuit, you won't have any fun. I just got a new swimsuit that is really more like a sports bra just because I want to be able to run around and play at the beach! So if you are going to be uncomfortable in your bikini, I'd say put it in the drawer and look forward to wearing it soon. In the meantime, though, there are some really adorable tankinis out there. However, if you are feeling brave, you go rock that bikini! It looks really cute on you, and there is still time to shape up that tummy with sit-ups and cardio if you are self-conscious (I'm madly working on my tummy, too). :)