Exercise DVDs

katm427
katm427 Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been looking into purchasing one or many (because I find it easier to have a workout at home in addition to the time at the gym -- which I need to get back to). I can't afford Insanity, unfortunately. Does anyone have any recommendations of what's worked best for them?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,009 Member
    As a Beachbody coach, I've tried a bunch of the workouts. If I had to narrow it down to a single favorite, it would be Debbie Siebers' Slim Series. I love it. There are six different workouts in the program. Five of the six are a combo of cardio and light resistance, and one is stretching. I work out six days a week, and I use four of the Slim Series workouts. The other two days, I do a Slim in 6 workout and a P90X workout, but Slim Series is a great standalone program. What I really like about Debbie is that she pushes you without making you feel like you're about to cross that line where you're afraid you're going to hurt yourself. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to just about anyone.
  • I am loving the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Im on day 6 and lost 2 lbs. and 1 inch. I also ordered 'No more trouble zones' by her and there is one more in the mix. I love to mix it up. Hope those help.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    I love THE FIRM exercise videos!!! I felt great lost weight after having my baby I went from a 134 to a 112 in less then 10 months. 27 in waist. I enjoy it lots of fun.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    I am loving the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Im on day 6 and lost 2 lbs. and 1 inch. I also ordered 'No more trouble zones' by her and there is one more in the mix. I love to mix it up. Hope those help.

How many times a week do you do her video? I just got her video started it last night.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    I think what works best is what not only works, but that you enjoy. I suggest going to collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvds.com where you can watch clips, read reviews, search by category, etc.

I have worked out at home w/dvds since the late 80's/early 90's. Some of my personal favorites are Cathe Friedrich (especially for muscle/strength work but she's also got some good bootcamp type stuff), Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness series (each dvd has 2 30 minute workouts that you can combine into 1 long one if you want plus other pre-mix options to customize the workout), Jari Love (FANTASTIC low weight/high rep workouts), Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work series, Bob Harper's Inside Out Method (mytrainerbob.com)....and also Jillian Michaels 3 dvds- 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism- are all great.

I also own p90x, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, P90x+, Chalean Extreme....so I am also a fan of all thing from Beachbody!! :smile:
  • Well I just bought the Chalean Extreme set and it was only 47.00 on Ebay, with free shipping. It was the best deal I could find. It is also brand new. Not sure how in the world the seller is doing it, but I am not complaining! Anyways I have not tried it yet, but am SUPER excited to try it . :flowerforyou:
  • dianka93
    dianka93 Posts: 21
    I was really happy with Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone. Really need to get back to them.
  • I just bought the dvd from Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred, I am on day 3 so couldnt tell you how it works. But it was cheap, 10.00 at walmart...
  • Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones (use 6 pound weights) kicked my butt and I go to gym regularly so... I follow it with Denise Austins Yoga Body Burn (very easy yet youll sweat) because its an amazing stretch session and you'll feel so good after! $10 each at Fred Meyer.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I love all of Jillian's DVDs. Banish Fat Boost Metablosim is my fave, but I really like the 30 Day Shred too. Jackie Warner's dvds are great - Power Circuit Training is really good. TaeBo is really a good work out and it's fun. I like the Firm's workouts.. but sometimes I don't feel like I'm coordinated enough to do all the moves right! (One more reason I like working out at home.. lol) Jari Love has a few really good dvds out. When I'm not doing a program from Beach Body I do all my strength with Jackie or Jari dvds.

Right now I'm doing ChaLean Extreme from Beach Body.. and I have Insanity and P90X. (Haven't attempted P90X though - it's on the list!)

There's a lot of really good dvds.. I get most of mine from Amazon.com where you can read reviews and see if it's something you would like.

Good luck!
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Thanks, everyone!:happy:
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    I just finished 90 days of p90x. It is a difficult program and also time-intense so if you have a limited schedule it is probably not the program for you. It will give you results though.

Now I am doing Turbo Jam, which is COMPLETELY different but I LOVE it.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    I just finished 90 days of p90x. It is a difficult program and also time-intense so if you have a limited schedule it is probably not the program for you. It will give you results though.

Now I am doing Turbo Jam, which is COMPLETELY different but I LOVE it.

I have done Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and it is a good program but I got bored with it very quickly because it's the same workout, just 3 different phases. Not much variety.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    I love all of Jillian's DVDs. Banish Fat Boost Metablosim is my fave, but I really like the 30 Day Shred too. Jackie Warner's dvds are great - Power Circuit Training is really good. TaeBo is really a good work out and it's fun. I like the Firm's workouts.. but sometimes I don't feel like I'm coordinated enough to do all the moves right! (One more reason I like working out at home.. lol) Jari Love has a few really good dvds out. When I'm not doing a program from Beach Body I do all my strength with Jackie or Jari dvds.
    You may be happy to know that both Jackie & Jari have new dvds coming out. Jackie's is "Extreme Timesaver" & Jari's is "Lean & Mean" or lean machine or something like that.
This discussion has been closed.