Loose Skin?

Options
Hi, I am a male age 20. I began losing weight in a little over a year ago, when I was at 298 lbs and since have gotten down to 193. I attempted to take it slowly but surely as I have been often told to do but certain areas of my body look as if they have loose skin present, not just fat. Will someone around my age develop loose skin from this weight loss? Also, how would I go about tightening my skin? I am planning on still at least losing another 30-40 pounds and would very much like to avoid loose skin around my body.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The amount of loose skin you end up with will depend on things like genetics, hydration, diet, exercise routine and how long you were overweight along with how quickly you are losing.

Loose skin can be minimized.. it usually takes upwards of a year or so after weight loss for the skin to shrink back. It may not go tight and you may be left with some loose skin unfortunately especially if you were overweight for a long period of time or lost your weight quickly.

Keep hydrated. Use lotion on your skin. Start lifting HEAVY if you aren't already. More muscle will help the look of your skin. Don't have too large of a deficit also to help your skin slowly adjust.
  • gaurav_347
    gaurav_347 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    go for a body massage once a week! u will be amazed by the changes!