NSVs anyone??

Options

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I tried on an outfit I wore in the summer of 2010 (hadn't weighed myself in years at that point, so no idea what I weighed), and I look better in it now :). Reversing at least 3 years of weight gain = win! Puts this into perspective for me. Three more "years" to go!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I bought and wore shorts for the first time in years. :)
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today and have dropped a dress size. I am now a UK 14. YAY!!!!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Edited to remove duplicate post. What is up with this site today?
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had one today.... but I feel pretty silly about it. I am super pregnant (8 months) and I went from wearing a size 16 in maternity jeans (which I bought when I was about 5 months) to a 10 in the same brand. Of course, the belly is the stretchy kangaroo pouch kind, but there was no way my legs would have fit before. Before anyone throws a fit, some fun facts:

1) I went to the doctor two days ago and baby is growing quite well
    2) Belly is getting much bigger, I'm losing on "me", not Junior
    3) I also lost some me weight when pregnant with my older one, because both pregnancies have renewed my motivation to be healthy
    4) I am positive that a 10 in maternity jeans won't translate to a 10 in regular jeans.... it was just a pleasant surprise.
  • mrsoski
    mrsoski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Three miles in a running skirt with no chub rub!!! Yay me!!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've had a few over the past few days:

I was able to wear a shirt I pulled from the regular (i.e. no plus sized) side of a store and it fit. Shorts not so much, yet.

My work shirts that had been fitting perfectly are now too loose and I feel like a hobo. My exercise tees that had been a bit snug are now loose enough to start hindering movement. Time for new shirts...

My family I haven't seen in a long time were really impressed at my progress. Several were impressed I've signed up for a Tough Mudder.

I completed a Murph workout (1 mile run; 100 pull ups - assisted; 200 pushups - modified; 300 squats; another 1 mile run) in under 49 minutes.

The waves of my battle rope slams are now going all the way down to the rope's anchor point.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I tried on a pair of trousers yesterday and they were a European size 38 (UK 10, US 6), fitted beautifully. At Christmas I was a tight 44 (UK 16, US 12).

Just for fun, I asked the sales assistant to bring me a pair of 36 (UK 8, US 4) and they fitted without any struggle to pull them up or do up the button. I had no intention to buy them, 'cause I didn't like the colour, but I was beaming from ear to ear as I left the shop :happy:

When I now go clothes shopping, I've noticed I head straight for the size 38 rack and not the bigger section, that feels good. It's exactly the outcome I was aiming for when I decided to lose weight. I wanted to have the confidence to pop in to a shop, pick out a garment and KNOW it'll fit. Doesn't matter if I can afford it or if it's the right colour/style, it just fits :smile:
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Started a free 4 week "boot camp" with a co-worker last week. We have both been on our weight loss journey for almost two years but she had more to lose than i did. WHen we completed our fitness evaluation so said to me "i want to be you by the time we get done". It made me feel great (and strange) to know that someone looks to me for inspiration since i have looked to so many other people for inspiration.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a nebulous one, but over the the past couple days I have just felt a little stronger and more mobile. Like, when I left my leg a certain way to stand up, or turn and lift something, I'm used to struggling a little, but now it is easier. I can believe I ever let myself get so weak and inflexible! Never again!!
  • lmojoallen
    lmojoallen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last week I did an unassisted pull-up for the first time in my entire life. I also donated blood and found out my iron levels are back to normal (139 from about 9 4-5 months ago)

I started my journey with the same super low iron levels - it was the extreme fatigue that made me want to get back in shape didn't know till I went to the doctors that my anemia was the major cause. AMAZING the difference being normal makes!!

My Non Scale victory after CONSISTENT weight training for 9 months I feel comfortable wearing a tank top / bare arms out something I have never done even at my best pre-babies weight. Never had cut arms before even when the scale was lighter than it is now. Also fit into the pre-babies jeans even though the weight is higher now. Long Live Lifting and 90% quality diets!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Collar bones. I've got them.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    People who don't know I'm dieting are starting to notice and compliment me.

I'm already out of plus sizes.

I can do aerobic stuff I haven't been capable of since high school! I still hate running but at least now I can do it for more than ten seconds.
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's hot outside today, and I'm not miserable. Why? 'Cause I can wear shorts and a tank top now! Bam!
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My daughter was snapchatting with her friend last night and I was watching extreme weight loss on tv. My daughter's friend asked her what we were watching and she told her...my mom picked it. Her friend (who is now my bestest friend ever...) said why? She is TINY. I haven't been described as Tiny in about 7 years. Felt GREAT!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    awesome NSVs, everyone! don't you just love those little confidence boosters??

we were at the river with my brother in law and a bunch of his friends this past weekend. i had never met most of the friends, and one of them asked me if i was a trainer!!! he said "you look really healthy, i can tell you care about what you eat and take care of yourself."

then later, someone sitting in a chair in the river asked me for a hand getting up, since the rocks were slippery, etc. i pulled him up and everyone was talking about how i "tossed" him when i pulled him up and how strong i was! ha i was laughing, since i assume he was tipsy (a lot easier to stumble around) and like i said, the rocks were slippery... but it felt good. i was feeling intimidated by some of the other ladies (everyone was in bathing suits), and these two comments made me feel a lot more confident. it also motivated me more to stick with healthy eating and keep up with my weight lifting. i've definitely gotten more comments/compliments since i started with the weights.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see all these!

I found out my total cholesterol has dropped to 152 from 194 in November on diet and exercise alone. Love those oats! And love my doctor shutting up about statins (LDL went from 119 to 88).
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Wore white pants :)
    First time ever, since college, I ran out of veggies and fruit instead of bread and cheese.
    Went to the supermarket and forgot to buy bread
    Have more money to spend on me since I'm eating less
    1/2 an avocado is satisfying
    Starting to see and feel shoulder bones
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today while my husband was doing laundry he had to come and ask me if the top he had just pulled out was mine or our daughters because he couldn't tell. It was one of her plain summer dresses. For the record out daughter is 6. I laughed pretty hard.

When I started my journey in changing to a healthier lifestyle I was wearing a women's size 26 in tops, size 24 in jeans. I'm a 10-12 in jeans and an 8-10 in tops now. Not to long ago, there would have been no question who's is who's.
  • Meganisaface
    Meganisaface Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean again?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!