Exercise shorts/pants with pockets?

Options
Okay, so I walk outside everyday and have been forced to carry a bag with me that holds my keys, phone and I-pod, but I would rather not have to do that and just put everything in my pocket. Problem is that I can't find ANY exercise shorts/pants that have pockets. I have looked at Di*cks, Sports Authority, Old Navy and Target, but I have had no luck finding any. If anyone knows of a place that I can buy relatively cheap (meaning less than $30) exercise shorts/pants with pockets please share!

Thanks!

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My adidas and under armour pants both typically have pockets in them (either inside or a zipper pocked on the back) -- it'll at least fit a key in it. I don't carry a cell phone, and my ipod clips on my sports bra.

You should be able to find something that would at least fit a key, not sure about pockets that'll hold phones and ipods though.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rather than new pants or shorts, why not consider a runners belt? You'd only need one rather than multiple pairs of clothing. It's meant to carry small items like keys, phone, etc. Here is one for example:

http://www.amazon.com/SPIbelt-Small-Personal-Great-Runners/dp/B004QQTDA2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q585DKRYVZJG&coliid=IMSFX2SDN0DDE&psc=1
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Rather than new pants or shorts, why not consider a runners belt? You'd only need one rather than multiple pairs of clothing. It's meant to carry small items like keys, phone, etc. Here is one for example:

http://www.amazon.com/SPIbelt-Small-Personal-Great-Runners/dp/B004QQTDA2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q585DKRYVZJG&coliid=IMSFX2SDN0DDE&psc=1

That is exactly what I have and it is great! Highly recommend it.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm frugal (spelled 'cheap bazterd') and I bought 10 pairs of shorts on clearance from WalMart for $7 each... that includes the $2 'surcharge' for Big/Tall sizes. They are solid colors (bought red, blue, and black) have 2 front pockets, and a closed-loop drawstring. I wear them all the time and since I have so many, I can wait until the weekend to wash them en masse.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have Miss Fiori baggy trousers for the gym. I bought several pairs on Sports Direct for around £5 each and I'm pretty sure you have Sports Direct in the USA as well. They're comfy, come in several colours, have huge zip pockets and they're cheap! I advise not getting the light grey ones though, I'm sure they'd get rather obviously sweaty.
  • havetubawilltravel
    havetubawilltravel Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Do you have a T.J. Maxx or similar nearby?
    Go to the Men's or Boy's department, to the Clearance rack, and you should find lots of shorts with pockets, mostly under ten bucks.
    Even most men's swim trunks have pockets; you can cut out the liner of those, if you want.
    (We males generally will NOT put up with trousers of any sort that lack pockets....)

If you're unwilling to settle for clothing originally designated for a male, you may have to remain pocket-less.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I was actually looking for something like this for a long awhile, but finally gave up and that's why I thought I just looked for shorts with pockets instead! This will work so much better since I just bought a few new pair of shorts because my old ones were too big. Thanks so much!
  • BohoLovin
    BohoLovin Posts: 19
    Options
    Ditto on the running belt. That's what I use and its great!