Be careful in the food database....

Options
I'm finding that somr nutritional info is missing or incorrect on certain foods. I've seen food where carb and sodium counts were completely omitted....this could really mess up your food diary....

Replies

• pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to be more careful :happy:
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always look at the labels of what I've eaten, and either add it to the database if it is not there or edit what is in the database. I sometimes find people have only entered the cals - for a couple of things today I edited it so the fats,carbs etc are also counted. I don't rely on what others have entered, I always check myself unless I have to make an educated guess (like when I eat out).
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I noticed yesterday I used an almond chicken that was in the database and listed there was 131 grams of fat! I am positive that must be incorrect, I know it is fatty but nothing can be that fattening...can it?
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I noticed yesterday I used an almond chicken that was in the database and listed there was 131 grams of fat! I am positive that must be incorrect, I know it is fatty but nothing can be that fattening...can it?

Almonds- typical value of fat in 100gsm. 55.8g (of which saturates 4.4g, mono-unsaturated 38.2g and polyunsaturated 10.5g) But they are great superfood with lots of fantastic nutritional benefits..............Just realised i'm off topic! Eeeek!!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you find something off please correct it so others will benefit. Great teamwork.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing, it helps if you will correct anything that you see that has been omitted. It only takes a short time and really helps.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My husband was using MFP and logging his DIET Dr Pepper as 200 calories a can because that is what the first dp said. What do people think when they create the foods that way?