Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friends please! Women who have lost more than 50lbs?

2mynewself
2mynewself Posts: 10 Member
I need to lose a lot of weight. Just started MFP a few days ago. What are you eating to lose weight? What exercises are you doing? I don't know where to start. Please help!

Replies

• Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Hi! I'm also a mother of five (all under 10 years old) and I've lost between 50-60 lbs in the last year. I was in the 190's and am in mid 130's right now. I started by changing my eating habits, I used Weight Waters, but counting calories is the same if you stick with it. I was a personal trainer before I put on the weight, which came from my last child, so I had a good history and knowledge of weight loss and used that to my advantage. I started running, although slow at first, and weight training and just picked up a workout did it. No matter how slow or horrible I felt I just kept pushing and the weight started coming off.. Set small goals. 5lbs here and there. If you're 183, set a goal to see a "7" etc. Feel free to friend me!
  • 2mynewself
    Thank you Becky! You are an inspiration!
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Hi,
    You can add me if you'd like. I started 2 years ago at 280. Have lost 80 and have another 70 to go. My diary is open and I log every day (except for the occasional down/cheat day). :)
  • cokefloatlover
    cokefloatlover Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, 2mynewself, i recently started too and i have lost 9 lbs. What I am doing is logging in my food diary that is all I have needed to do so far because it really opened my eyes as to how much i have been eating. So, i guess it really does help alot to log your food. Good luck to you. I too need to lose about 80 lbs.
  • lizzane
    lizzane Posts: 30 Member
    I started my journey to lose weight 2 weeks ago :D
    I've been doing p90x and watching my calories...haven't really had much progress 'cause
    I've never counted calories before but I'm getting there :p

READ ALL LABELS and check calories :D
    you can start by knowing how many calories you would need
    to eat to lose weight :p
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    I've lost 49.2 lbs, not quite 50 but we will see on the next weigh.

after plateauing at 46lbs i started running and now training for a half marathon.and the weight is coming off again. Not a fan of restriction in my diet but i eat hearty healthy meals. Typically porridge in the morning, very large salad at lunch (i eat a snack 2 hours before a big run) and dinners are home cooked healthy food. But recently i cook more fish and other meats are lean as possible.

Still eat treats and takeaways etc.

oh yeah i also walk a lot and do a bit of circuit training once it twice a week to mix up muscle groups. The walking is because i have a dog who has a lot of energy but he hurt his paw a few days ago so he's taking it easy atm!
  • 2mynewself
    You guys are doing great! Thanks everyone for your input! It looks like the best thing to do simply put: set small goals (instead of looking at it all as a whole), eat healthy meals, and running. I guess I really just need a cheat sheet of what people are eating Exactly who have lost more than 50 pounds. You are obviously doing something right to loose so much. Way to go! That was why I was a little selective in the friends I wanted to "friend". You are a motivation and already know how to do it right. Thanks again!