advice needed about 30 day shred please.

Options
Hi im 2 days into doing the 30 day shred. Just wondering if i could do this workout mon-fri only and have weekend off doing it as certain commitments will make it hard to fit it in those days. If i have 2 days off a week do you think it will really hinder the positive results?
Thanks

Replies

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That schedule would be great.

I worked through the 30day shred and didn't do it every day of the week. I took one or two days off and picked up again where I left off. I still improved, the scale went down, my measurements went down. I think it would be great just doing it three or four days a week.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    That is my plan, if I can I will but if I can't it's not the end of the world. I will do 30 days just not 1 month. I am not inactive on the days I miss so I reckon I should be good.
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice :)
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It is designed to be 6 days a week with a day off i believe but you make it what you want. It really is dependent on what you want for results, however you also need to have at least one rest day from any vigorous exercise. Hope this helps.
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yes thanks. well the two days im having off i will still be doing 45 min dog walking as my exercise so hopefully i will be ok
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    yes thanks. well the two days im having off i will still be doing 45 min dog walking as my exercise so hopefully i will be ok

This will be fine....on Ripped in 30 Jillian specifically says you should do the workouts 5-6 days a week and take 1-2 rest days a week. And the 30 day shred is the same formula (they just don't say it in the video). You need at least one rest day a week for muscle to rebuild and two days will be fine especially if you are active and doing a 45 minute walk anyway.

Good job on the shred. I picked it back up again on Tuesday so just finished Day 4 here and feel great.. I plan on doing day 5 on Saturday, taking a rest day Sunday and seeing about picking up a Pilates class at the gym on Monday just for something different and to add flexibility into my routine. If I don't get a workout in tomorrow though I won't feel bad, I'll just see about incorporating a longer walk with my dog (since the sun is FINALLY shining here).

The key is to workout when you can and not beat yourself up if you genuinely can't!