Sleeve Gastrectomy Journey Start!

Options
Hey everyone,

As of last Friday, I have officially seen the dietitian to start weight loss in order to have the sleeve gastrectomy done. I would love to hear any tips and advice or even people's own journeys and how it's all going for you.

I understand it will be a long process but I'm totally up for it and hopefully this time next year (or even sooner!) I will be having the surgery.

Feel free to add me as a friend - only discovered the website today so I'm definitely a newbie and have no friends :(

Hope you're all well,

B

Replies

• gracekelli
    gracekelli Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I'm new here as well . See conversations with the Denver Broncos logo (me) and bariatric surgery as the topic for some good info!
    I'm 5'9" F weighing 283 lbs...holy embarassing! But I have been approved for sleeve gastrectomy...we will see!
  • BrookeLosesWeight
    BrookeLosesWeight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thank you! Not nearly as embarrassing as 5ft 7.5 and 342lb! I'm in the UK where to be considered for surgery you have to have a BMI of 50 or more!
  • LessofaLargeMarge
    Options
    Hi there! I went to the psych eval today am happy to be one step closer! I have to lose around 15 pounds before I can schedule my surgery -so here I am - looking for support too.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The best advice I can give you is to enjoy the process of self discovery. You are not waiting until surgery day for your new life to start.. your new life started the moment you decided to make this big change. You are already off on the right food by being on MFP. For me, MFP (or I suppose it could be any tracking/support system) is just as valuable a tool as my sleeve.

MFP as a whole is not very WLS surgery friendly but don't let that deter you from using it. Join the group VSGers uner the group forums.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thank you! Not nearly as embarrassing as 5ft 7.5 and 342lb! I'm in the UK where to be considered for surgery you have to have a BMI of 50 or more!

5'5" and high weight of 360lbs... I WIN, I WIN,. I WIN!!!!:blushing: :tongue: