51 pounds down 1 1/2 years..it's a marathon not a sprint

Options
JennBunny73
JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
So it has been awhile since I have posted, but I am now 51 pounds down from my highest weight of 213 to now my lowest...running about 162 every day now, I did get to 158 this past weekend. My highest weight was 213 and when I really started an everyday fitness/diet lifestyle change in November 2011, I was 198 (tried to do similar clothing pics)

1st black dress (20 yr. class reunion) Sept, 2011. 2nd black dress, stepdaughter's graduation (May 25, 2013)
1st gray shirt was at my heaviest 213 (2009) 2nd was today May 30, 2013
1st green shirt pic was honey moon, Sept 17, 2008, 2nd was today May 30, 2013
same shirts wonder woman 2009 and today

8895449794_b72cdff5cf.jpg
collage4square2 by gordnas24, on Flickr

1st pic here was my wedding pic, Sept. 13, 2008, 2nd pic was this past weekend, May 25, 2013 for my stepdaughter's graduation.

8895456428_655a1ccf07.jpg
wedgrad by gordnas24, on Flickr

Replies

• MarielStarr
    MarielStarr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sucess! You look awesome!
  • napa1962
    napa1962 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • thressacj
    thressacj Posts: 2
    Options
    you look GREAT! You have worked very hard to get these results
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great comparisons in similar shirts! Quite a difference! Congratulations!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Friggin amazing! You know you are my hero! And my continued inspiration and favorite workout buddy! Love ya! And you rocked that little black dress!!!
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats :)
  • fleurdelu
    fleurdelu Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! That is something to be really proud of. Congratulations:smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Super work, you look great!! And yes you are right, it is not a sprint! I love it!
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic! Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and thank you, i say that all the time but sometimes i do get a little discouraged when every ost has someone losing weight at a rate i can not even comprehend, I want this to be a forever thing and am only willing to make changes i CAN stick to for a lifetime, and your post encouraged me.
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments everyone :) Yes, it has been slow, but it is staying off and while I have hit a few plateaus...I am still losing! Mostly done with watching eating stuff like breads, potatoes, not eating after 7pm, tracking food and exercise. I did take ACE back this past March to get me past my last plateau...and then lots of exercise. Turbofire at home, TurboSport and Zumba at the gym, then I did some Combat dvds at home and my latest was Hip Hop Abs..(great workout for abs) I lost 3 inches in 2 months from my waist with it :)
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So glad to see someone else on a "marathon." I started in January 2012. Have lost 37 lbs. since then. Your pics are great inspiration for me to just keep on plugging.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! You have come really far. You are truly inspirational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!