Holy cow spin class kicked my backside.

Options
dbmata
dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
Ok, I realize I'm like an entire decade late on the spin class thing.

Did my first one last night, since it sounded like a good addition to my rather haphazard tri training... and holy hell, it KICKED MY *kitten*. An hour of fun with at least a good twenty minutes of pain.

Here I was thinking it was like a new take on jazzercise or something devised for bored soccer moms... no, it's a self regulating leg destroyer where you can define the challenge at all times. It was awesome.

Replies

• Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love spin!! Especially because they dim the lights...so It's kinda like meditation for me. At the same time trying to compete with me and only me since I can't see anyone else in the room to try and go faster or stronger than them :)
    :smile:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Here I was thinking it was like a new take on jazzercise or something devised for bored soccer moms...

This is awesome!! Yeah spin is intense!
  • dbmata
    Options
    I love spin!! Especially because they dim the lights...so It's kinda like meditation for me. At the same time trying to compete with me and only me since I can't see anyone else in the room to try and go faster or stronger than them :)
    :smile:

Yeah, I can see that. I spent a lot of time trying to stretch into the faux aerobars, and still my upper body while making sure it was just my legs working. That was good to be in front of a mirror for.

Then you get: Stand up.
    Well... kill me.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love spin. Your backside will get used to the seat:) Trust me. My favorite instructor is really really intense and I am dripping when I leave. Unfortunately I can only take 1 of her spin classes during the school year but now that it is summer, I can take 3. I'm so excited. She tells you how to adjust the tension(1 to the right, etc...) and she has you stand up and do different things.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Yeah spin can be pretty brutal if you push yourself.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I love spin. Your backside will get used to the seat:)
    I figured that would be an issue, so I wore my riding shorts. ;)

Sure, I looked like I was wearing depends, but I didn't get sore or bruised up. ;) What's neat is I can wear my riding shoes too because the stationary cycles will take SPD cleats!

That's super nice for sure, gets me more time getting used to the shoes and how they're tiny.

Crank up the gears, and go for broke.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I started spinning- i am not a huge cardio fan- but this works for me.

I hate that they crank the music up so effing loud I can't hear the instructor though. I spin on my own as much as in a group- it's good ****.
  • kiwi2006
    kiwi2006 Posts: 15
    Options
    I took my first spin class today.. and am pretty sure my *kitten* is bruised! :/ oh the pain when sitting. lols

So stealing my friends gel bike seat cushion thingy for next time :)
  • dbmata
    Options
    I took my first spin class today.. and am pretty sure my *kitten* is bruised! :/ oh the pain when sitting. lols

So stealing my friends gel bike seat cushion thingy for next time :)

Hah! Get some padded shorts, it will pay off.
  • username_misso
    username_misso Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i did one years and years ago and practically fell off the bike afterwards lol.

thankfully, a few years later after i had gradually built up my bike fitness doing road rides, the class was MUCH easier!