my bike and i are looking for new friends

Options
When I first started my relationship with my mountain bike we could only ride for 3 miles and I would feel super tired and my legs would shake as soon as I jumped off. This was back in February 2013. Its May and our relation has gotten stronger, we ride 20 miles everyday and when we are done, I feel the need for more..

I am looking for friends who also use their bikes outdoors as a form of exercise. Id like to get into cycling in the near future but for now, baby steps.

Please feel free to add me if you too love your bike.

Replies

• Wienerbua
    Wienerbua Posts: 19
    Options
    That is great you have the time with children to bike just because you can. I can only work biking into my crazy life and schedule with two kids because I bike commute to work (22 miles round trip) a few days per week. Unfortunately it is very hilly so can be a bit of a workout but I go slow to make up for that. It also only takes about 10 minutes more per way than if I drove or take the subway given the terrible car traffic in my area. Fit it into your commute if you can and get the exercise without the time dedicated to just biking.
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband helps me a lot with the kids and he says I seem in a better mood when I get my rides in. I can not commute to work on my bike since I need my vehicle for work purposes. I carry equipment with me and it just wouldn't work on my bike. Im just looking to share info/stories with friends who have similar interest as me.. in this case, riding.
  • CobyEP
    CobyEP Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also unable to ride my bike to work most days. I am a youth worker and need my vehicle for picking up/dropping off clients. I am trying to get back on my road bike after a winter of almost no riding! I gave myself a 30 day challenge of getting on my bike every day, to try to kickstart the habit of riding again as summer approaches. Today was Day 3, and though it was rainy and I had cramps, I made myself go for a quick 2 mile ride anyways. I live at the top of a hill so even a short ride gives me some cardio :)
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you can add me I ride only 1or 2 times a week as my cross training for running but i love it just wish I had more time for longer rides
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you're married, having a relationship with your bicycle, AND you're looking for more partners?

Kinky.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love to do outdoor biking, especially along the coast. I lost my riding partner to a debilitating stroke, and I haven't been back on the path since. (He didn't die, but he can't ride anymore.) I would enjoy hooking up with some biking friends. Hit me up if you live in the Los Angeles area.
  • cOOkieLpX
    Options
    I am also unable to ride my bike to work most days. I am a youth worker and need my vehicle for picking up/dropping off clients. I am trying to get back on my road bike after a winter of almost no riding! I gave myself a 30 day challenge of getting on my bike every day, to try to kickstart the habit of riding again as summer approaches. Today was Day 3, and though it was rainy and I had cramps, I made myself go for a quick 2 mile ride anyways. I live at the top of a hill so even a short ride gives me some cardio :)

I tried riding uphill and man its a killer.. im getting better though. Hope you feel better today
  • cOOkieLpX
    Options
    I love to do outdoor biking, especially along the coast. I lost my riding partner to a debilitating stroke, and I haven't been back on the path since. (He didn't die, but he can't ride anymore.) I would enjoy hooking up with some biking friends. Hit me up if you live in the Los Angeles area.

Not in LA but sharing biking tips would be nice.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    I love bicycling. Freakin love it. Just bought a new bike since I literally rode my old one until it would go no further lol

I bike 3 miles one way to the gym and then 2.5 one way to work every day
    I was riding 10 miles a day but its now become too hot.
  • AFMOMX2
    AFMOMX2 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am just this year getting into riding my bike. Every year for the last four years I have had my husband or sons get my bike down in the spring. They would get it all ready and I would ride it around the block to make sure everything worked. Then someone would hang it up for me in the fall. :frown: This year I had to ask very nicely for my hubby to get it down and check everything. That was three weeks ago and I have been riding a couple of times a week ever since. I am really loving it. I had been running but it's just getting to be too much for my knee. I'm almost glad I can't run much anymore because I am enjoying the bike rides so much!!
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes! My bike is my best friend. It's great being able to ride again now that it's warm out. Feel free to add me, could use some biking friends.
  • cOOkieLpX
    Options
    I love bicycling. Freakin love it. Just bought a new bike since I literally rode my old one until it would go no further lol

I bike 3 miles one way to the gym and then 2.5 one way to work every day
    I was riding 10 miles a day but its now become too hot.

I ride in the evenings. I live in southern AZ so it gets super hot..Plenty of water, I drink about 3 quarts in 15 mile ride.
  • cOOkieLpX
    Options
    I am just this year getting into riding my bike. Every year for the last four years I have had my husband or sons get my bike down in the spring. They would get it all ready and I would ride it around the block to make sure everything worked. Then someone would hang it up for me in the fall. :frown: This year I had to ask very nicely for my hubby to get it down and check everything. That was three weeks ago and I have been riding a couple of times a week ever since. I am really loving it. I had been running but it's just getting to be too much for my knee. I'm almost glad I can't run much anymore because I am enjoying the bike rides so much!!

Both my knees are bad. I have chondromalacia patella, which is pretty much wear on my knee caps/cartilage. My Doc suggested a bike and I have fallen in love with it.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I bike to work every day and ride more when I can.