30 Day Shred

Options
I started JM 30 day shred a few months ago and due to injury and other family reason, I stopped. I started it back up again and last night was day 2. I was sore, but pushed through it, but today is much worse. I don't remember feeling this bad the first time I started it. Should I push through today or give a day break? Is it okay to take a day break and walk instead of shred? Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep me posted. I'm doing Couch to 5K, but would like to add this in a few weeks.
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I did it 2 days in a row then did Pilates and walking for the next 2 days. Did the trick for me. Good luck!
  • linz1976
    linz1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im always a bit sore after doing this kind of stuff, if im not too bad a push through it and it feels better afterwards. If you can cope with the pain I would suggest to keep going. If its too sore then stop its not worth killing yourself for, give yourself a couple of days then start again.
    The pain is your muscles ripping and then when they mend they make themselves stronger and more toned.

Hope this helps x
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Tough question... You should know your body and if you need to take a break...but I was thinking maybe you just the need the motivation to help you push through it. Somedays , I am sore and don't want to work out and I need validation from someone that it is ok to skip - but then someone says well just do it low impact or go easy because you will feel really good about it when you are done. You don't need to always go full force. So usually I go and do it and they are right, I feel great after. So, I am not sure which one you need. Motivation.... or validation that it is OK to take a day off every now and then.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would push through. Day 3 for me was awful. I hurt so bad, but when i woke up on day 4 I didn't feel anything until I started working out, then I felt a little tightness of the muscles but on day 5 all soreness was completly gone. of course it may be different for you but I think it will get better
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add it is perfectly ok for you to take a break and do something else, but dont do like I did and take 3 days off. Boy was that a mistake. Right now today is day 12 for me and I do it every other day, the otherdays I do kickboxing or something else because the truth is I will get bored and not finish it if I had to do it for 30 consecutive days
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's definitely okay to take a break. If not you'll get frustrated because your body won't be feeling its best. I'm glad it's working for you. I'm planning to order it next week. Stay focused and you will have wonderful results GOOD LUCK!
  • kncollier
    Options
    I am now on level 2 Day 7 I think. I started it over a month ago. I do it every other day. I have recently started doing stationary bike on my off days just to give my metabolism a boost.
    It is brutal and I had to sit a few days out due to knee problems but with a jumper band I am on back on board.

It is a lot of work but I love it so much, especially for only 20 minutes.
  • Fynn10
    Fynn10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Trying to lose weight, I have been reading some of these post but not sure what some of them mean..like 30 day shred what is that and also JM.. not sure sorry to be so stupid but I need some extra things in my spare time to help me lose weight. Getting Married in 1 year and want to look great..Hope you can help me out.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a DVD video from Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser trainer). There are a ton of acronyms and codes for stuff that you just end up figuring out! It took me so long to figure out what MFP is... duh, My Fitness Pal...
    Trying to lose weight, I have been reading some of these post but not sure what some of them mean..like 30 day shred what is that and also JM.. not sure sorry to be so stupid but I need some extra things in my spare time to help me lose weight. Getting Married in 1 year and want to look great..Hope you can help me out.