looking for some pals to exchange support/motivation with

Options
I am 31 years old, married with two kids. Female, 5' 7", started at 189 lbs, now at 179. I log foods religiously, work out at home every other day (Jillian Michaels, Pilates, yoga, weights, stationary bike) Anyway, its gotten a little lonely in here and I am looking to get some friends to help keep me on track. So please add me if you like; the more the merrier!

Replies

• deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey JolieMaman!
    I am a 29 year old, getting married next summer, no kids. I am 5'5 and started with 163 lbs, with a goal of 133. However I have plateaued at 150-153 but i am still losing inches!
    I too log foods everyday, and i exercise almost daily from home.
    I became a BIG jillian michael's fan and have done 3 of her dvds so far and I swear by them. they changed my life!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Which of her workouts is the best? I really like her on The Biggest Loser.
  • deedzzz
    Options
    I started with 30 day shred, then did ripped in 30 and I am currently doing 6 weeks 6 packs. I really suggest you start with 30 day shred. You can get it on amazon for 5-7$.
    I was very impressed with how much my body changed in 30 days!
  • Joliemaman81
    Joliemaman81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is the one i started with and i still use it. I like the banish fat boost metabolism one too. I have to space out her videos with other stuff too, though. The jumping stuff is hard on my knees. :grumble:
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Haha yeah it is hard on the knees... but to be completely honest, i am lazy. 20-30 minutes is the absolute maximum i am willing to spend each day on exercise, and she delivers!
  • Jennifer111780
    Options
    hey! i've lost like 45 pounds in less than 6 months with www.yesyoucandietplan.com maybe you can find help/motivation with them like i did :)
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am scared to try her stuff because I am so out of shape now. I am going to see if I can borrow one from the library and decide before I buy.

Sent you an invite.
  • Joliemaman81
    Joliemaman81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like Cassey Ho from Blogilates too. Her videos are all on youtube so you can create a playlist by picking whatever body parts you want to work on. Her attitude is awesome too...she always keeps me smiling.
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Grace, you gotta start somewhere! Her workout is hard, VERY hard even!

But you can start slowly, without weights, do 1 circuit instead of the three per level the first week. Add a circuit a week. Your stamina will build up.
    And when the day comes and you finish the entire 20 minutes you will be happy and very proud! and most probably addicted to her!
  • melanelson
    melanelson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    (Almost) 29 year old female, 2 daughters, one husband, daily logger. Feel free to add me if you'd like :}
  • jenns999
    jenns999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am 27 years old, getting married this September, no kids, and started my 'get healthy' journey January of last year at 195lbs. I was just trying to eat healthy without logging anything, and that seemed to work for a while. I hit a winter-long plateau and have had difficulty getting back.
    I started here and have done great! I am fairly new, less than a month, and have already lost about 5lbs! This brings me down to 171lbs. It is great to hear other success stories and I love the recommendation for the JM video! I have bought a few random ones and never really liked them. I will have to try the 30 day shred video.

In other news, I just got through a 30-day squat challenge! (If interested let me know, but I warn you it is time consuming toward the end). I wish I would have taken a before/after picture because I cannot tell if there is a difference :p My endurance for them has greatly improved! I also did this in the morning so it has gotten me exercising before work which is awesome!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you -- you are right. I do need to start somewhere!! :)
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    New on here myself...just started yesterday. Married with three kids (including a newborn) and will be going back to work soon (high stress desk job). Weight loss going well so far...just need to stay motivated for when I'm back at work.