Newly retired...-need support

Options
Hi--I am new to this and much like many others, I have been on a lot of different programs over the years. I am newly retired, and live in the midwest half of the year, and the southwest for the other half. I need to lose at last fifty pounds..aguh, I have a class reunion coming up in three months..

I need a LOT of friends and support ...is anyone else new to this? Love to add you as a friend:smile:

Replies

• Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is a great site.
    The support that I have received has been incredible.
    Just reach out and so many are here to help.

All the best :)
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, Welcome!!
    Linda
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm usually active during the workdays. I also have a goal to drop in 3 months, I'm going to Italy for holiday :)
  • amayzme
    amayzme Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking for a diet buddy similar to age and pounds to lose. i am 59 , 5'6"", starting weight 205., goal 150# i don't expect to retire for another 7 years.. but they will go by quickly. what diet are you using ? I'm trying for atkins..but can seem to stay with induction .
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I send you a friend request :)
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi, I signed up for MFP yesterday so you can say I am new to this too. I have made several friends already. My husband and I are both retired...mine to to bad health issues and him from the sheer love of retirement. He has never looked back and tells everyone that every day is Saturday (to him).

Welcome and if you want to be a friend, I am here for you.
  • Principal71
    Options
    Hi-I also am new to this & have just retired from being an elementary/middle school principal. I also need friends. I live in the Midwest all year round. My husband has been very ill for the past 18 months. He is facing another surgery in a few weeks. I have gained over 20 pounds since his illness began and I was already overweight. I need lots of encouragement and friends. I was not planning to retire so soon. I loved my job, however, I love my husband more and he needs me so much right now.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am also retired and loving it! Retired City employee. My goal is to be fit when they have the quarter century Christmas Party in December! Request Sent!
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for five months, and it's been an enormous help and has put me in much better control of what I eat.

Friend request sent! :smile: