Hi my name is ladybird and I have an eating problem...

Options
Yes, yes I do!

Argh most days I am fine, I don't log my normal days because its always the same. I don't take bites here and there, I don't try new foods I have not pre run through MFP. I have a routine and it works!

But then there are the days I fall down and just can't get back up... I feel like I need one of those life-buttons to press so the diet ambulance can come pick me up of the floor and get me back on track. Today was one of the days I needed the help. It is only 6:30 and I am over 2500 calories. I know I need to stop now, I needed to stop a long time ago actually but I just couldn't. Tomorrow I will be back to myself, I always am, but hate that I still slip so horribly after all this time.

Replies

• Finnellappe
    Finnellappe Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, 2152 over today! going to account for it over the next week though, being strict with myself and then back to the 1800 calories a day, exercise and eat back exercise calories plan
  • AliaDeVos
    AliaDeVos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladybird, that was me yesterday. 3027 calories! I was tired and grumpy and about due for TOM:/ I'm 5-10 lbs away from my goal weight, but I know if I deviate too much, I'll eventually be back to where I started 5 months ago. But, I'll make up for the gorgefest the rest of this week. Eating well and exercising. We all slip up sometimes. It happens. You just pick yourself up and get back on the wagon:) Pre-planing my meal and exercise for tomorrow.
  • AliaDeVos
    AliaDeVos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60 lbs! That's fantastic.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    yesturday mine was over 2800.
    but it very rare for me to do that and I hadn't done any exercise yesturday,as long as the other days aren't like that you can balance it out and the main thing it not to gain if you're trying not to.
    I just laughed when i sore the numbers,i hadn't had them that high before.
  • ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the helping hands, today is a new day. It will be a good day, I know it :-)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    That's the dog's name on King of the Hill. Love that show. My friends and I made a drinking game out of it.

Anytime Peggy says "Peggy", you drink.
    Anytime Bobby disappoints Hank, you drink.
    Anytime Luanne asks a question, you drink.
    Anytime Hank says "propane", you drink.
    Anytime Dale talks about conspiracy theories, you drink.
    Anytime Bill does something pathetic, you drink.
    Anytime Boomhauer says "Dang ol'", you drink.

Played last night. It's fun.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Life throws curve balls at us and sometimes it is hard to recognize what they really are. I had a rough couple of days this week and am still mulling it over. The one thing that is super clear is: there is a void there, and food does NOT work to fill it.

So I am still thinking about it and going to do some journaling. You might consider where the overeating habits started, in reaction to what, what sort of condition, who else was involved in the situation, and do some deep thinking along those lines.

Wishing you the best. Today is a new day for both of us.