New Shoes

smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey there. Opinion time.
Getting some new shoes tonight.
I walk and do work out videos (Jillian Michaels)
Any suggestions on what to get?
Trying to say under $100.
Thanks in advance!
Steph

Replies

• summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Are your feet narrow, wide, high arch, low arch? What did you have before? Did you like them?
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    I love my nike shox! I can't use any other tenny now. lol. I would check the nike website. I got mine on clearance. I don't know how close you are to Johnsons Creek but there is a Nike outlet there too.
  • smuehlbauer
    Wider feet, low arch....
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    New Balance, Brooks, or Saucony. Anything but Nike, they are VERY narrow shoes. But really, it is whatever feels best on your feet. I would go for cross training shoes, since you're doing some impact stuff with Jillian. Shouldn't have a problem staying under the $100 mark.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Sears always have an awesome sale I get mine online and get them in like 2 or 3 days. I like Adidas running/walking shoes with the shock resistant sole and gel cushion. They are always on sale like 30 bucks and last me a long time and you know I walk 25 plus miles per week!!! check there for their sale!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Love me some Under Armour. Got a pair of Proto Interval Cross Trainers on Eastbay for $74. Most comfortable, light shoes I've ever worn with great support. They make them in ladie too. Great if you have to jump around or move side to side a lot.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    I just got a new pair of asics last month and love them! They were around $70. I went into our local shoe store though so the guy helped me out tremendously, but he did say that once he started wearing asics he's never gone back! I have wide feet too and these fit no problem :)
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    I love my VFFs. They're lightweight and give me better agility. Also, I'm almost certain they make me better at Laser Tag. :)

www.vibramfivefingers.com

I have the Sprints.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    google running stores for your area. I know you don't run, but the staff is more knowledgeable than say Finish Line or whatever. Once I went in to a store looking for a specific shoe; I know my size is a 6.5 but they were trying to get me in an 8! because that is what size they had in that shoe WTH?. Everyone has different feet and use them differently KWIM? I Like Nike's for working out and Asics for running. I have wide feet high arches and put weight on the outside heel.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I've got a newer pair of aetrex and LOVE the feel of them.
  • smuehlbauer
    Thanks everyone for your responses.
    Shopping after work tonight!
    Whoot!
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    I have Nike Zoom Vomero 3's and they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever had. I will be getting the 4's (newer I believe) when the soles on these wear out! :smile:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    If you have wider feet dont be afraid to look at men's shoes also. They tend to run a little wider.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    New Balance New Balance New Balance!!! ... They are the best! And there's something about the higher the number the more support in the shoe (ie, NB2400's have more support than NB370's) that's what a sales person told me once and it seems to hold true. I need more support and the shoes with the higher numbers always seem to work for me :)
This discussion has been closed.