My 30 Day Shred Results wtih Pics

Options
fourfiftythree
fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
The 30DS was awesome. I love the program and I love Jillian. I started April 19th and took at least one rest day each week with a couple of unplanned rest days in there. Some days I did two levels back to back if time (and my energy) permitted. My best advice would be to just stick with it - I started to get a little discouraged during level 2 because although I noticed changes in my strength and endurance, I didn't see much change in my body. As you can see in the photos, the changes in my body really started to show in the last 10 days.

At the beginning of the shred - I could NOT do a proper pushup. I could not even make it through the first cardio segment of level 1 without stopping. I couldn't use 3 lb. weights without my muscles giving out. I was sooooo out of shape! At the end of it all, I can do all of level 1 with a smile on my face and I barely even break a sweat. I use level 1 as sort of a "warm up" sometimes. I am now using 5 lb. weights comfortably and my pushup / plank / ab hold is solid. Another piece of advice - don't resign yourself to doing the modified moves. Try the more difficult moves every single day, and if you have to end with the modified versions, then fine, at least you tried. But if you don't push yourself to try the more difficult moves, you will never build the strength to do them.

For reference, I am just under 5'5, 24 years old, and I do not eat clean, but I do not eat like crap. No soda, juice or alcohol - all I drink is water (and coffee). I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day (by choice), and I prepare homemade hearty meals for my family every night. Breakfast is usually oatmeal with fruit, lunch is a tuna wrap or chicken sandwich, and for dinner I make things like casseroles, meatloaf, pasta, etc. The beginning of 30DS was also the beginning of changing my eating habits. I definitely do not eat as much as I used to, and it takes hardly anything at all to fill me up.

I am starting Body Revolution Monday and can't wait! If any shredders want to add me I would love to cheer you on.

Anyway, on to the stats!

Starting weight: 219
Ending weight: 207

Pounds lost: 12

Inches lost: ???
I realized shortly after I began taking measurements that I suck at it. I think the pictures speak better for the inches lost.

Front:
frontzt.jpg

Side:
sideub.jpg

Side 2:
side2l.jpg

Replies

• wmorgan73
    wmorgan73 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great job! Love 30DS.
  • new1meww
    new1meww Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW!! AMAZING JOB!! True inspiration for me! Thank you. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Tightening up in all the right places! Props!
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! You are shrinking away!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • von13nie
    von13nie Posts: 39
    Options
    Your stats are amazing. Shame the photos aren't viewable for me, maybe it has something to do with the program you loaded them with and my location. Unfortunately, in my location a lot of popular sites are blocked.
    I have 6 more days to go before I can post my 30DS results.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    truly can see your tone muscles
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    great job, i started today , hope i do as good as you , you look awesome!
    http://www.30dsresults.com/ <<<<<<<<<check this out :)
  • AngelinaB79
    AngelinaB79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fab job and thank you for sharing your tips.
    I am planning to start the 30DS on Saturday.
    Will be doing before and after pics too as think its a great way to see the changes without the scales.
    Again Thank you.
    X
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    way to go your results are amazing.
  • christinealexis
    Options
    Great Job! :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!! :drinker:
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Incredible results, well done you...i'm working my way through the shred now, its definitely worth it seeing a difference nearly half way through level 3, thanks for your honest advice you've encouraged me to fo for the harder moves more rather than just resigning myself to the modified ones. :)
  • thatgirlger
    Options
    great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!