Are you possesive

Options

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    My So is the reason I do not keep "treats" for myself in the house, and normally I would not care but we are both so tight on cash that when I buy cottage cheese to have it last all week as a snack and my only means to snack and he eats the whole thing in one sitting.. Yeah, it annoys me. Mostly because neither of us can replace it so now what do I eat? When things are less tight, and I am working closer and not spending a fortune on gas I will care a LOT less. It will only be annoying because I will come home to find it empty, but it won't be as frustrating because I can just go and get more.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The only time I have ever been possessive of my food was when as a teenager I would walk down to the shop, buy a pint of ice-cream, have a little put it in the freezer and never see it again. Caught my little sister 3/4 of the way through it standing in front of the freezer!! Not impressed.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Not at all, with the exception of the coke zero I have on hand that I don't want the kids having and my husband hates, all our food is the same.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    food is meant to be shared. we live in the west..it's not a luxury and food is all around us.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My 25 year old daughter and her kids live with me. I share my healthy food with the grandkids because I want them to develop healthier habits than their mother has. However, my daughter chooses to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's twice a week, drink nothing but soft drinks and sugary drinks, and hide her stash of candy, pastries and cookies in her room so she doesn't have to share them with her kids. Anyone who eats like that and then has the nerve to polish off any of my healthy options has obviously seen it all and lived as long as they want to. When I go to eat something, it had darn well better be there. Yes, I get very hostile.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am really possessive when it comes to food! I think that comes from the fact that I don't make THAT much money, so every time I purchase food I want it to be mine mine mine. I write my name on almost everything but it doesn't stop my family every time :tongue:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Any food that I purchase with my own money is MINE. I do not share, I will not share. It is all mine, and nobody else is entitled to it.

Possessive is a word I'd use to describe myself in relation to MY food, yes.

And you damn well bet if it is eaten, I make them buy a replacement.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like my bananas riper than the other banana eaters in the household. I have been known to carve MUM on an under ripe banana to ensure I get one. Kind of fun, personalizing bananas.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I love, love to cook and really enjoy people eating my food. I would go with out if they enjoyed it that much. I dont know, it must have come from my mom. It was just me and my mom, with a house full of men, dad and several brothers who were always hungry. So we cooked a lot. :drinker: Well, there is one exception...DO NOT EAT MY CHOCOLATE!:devil:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    No .... my friends come over and have free reign of my food. Now if they take my last beer I may stab them.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I probably couldn't pay anyone to eat my food. I base that on trying to give it away and it continually being rejected.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    My So is the reason I do not keep "treats" for myself in the house, and normally I would not care but we are both so tight on cash that when I buy cottage cheese to have it last all week as a snack and my only means to snack and he eats the whole thing in one sitting.. Yeah, it annoys me. Mostly because neither of us can replace it so now what do I eat? When things are less tight, and I am working closer and not spending a fortune on gas I will care a LOT less. It will only be annoying because I will come home to find it empty, but it won't be as frustrating because I can just go and get more.

I would have to agree with Serena. I have a plan for the week. So when I pack my food at 7AM and my food that is in my plan is gone I get in a bit of a tither. Or I calm a craving through the day thinking I have a WW ice cream snack waiting for dessert and it is gone. Some things like that I only buy when I have a great coupon. There is also some produce (like grapefruit) I only buy what I will use in a few days time.

For the most part no one is going to eat my brussel sprouts so of course that is never a problem.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    All I can say is you better ask first. Or be a fast distance runner. ;)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'll get a little upset when I make something healthy and then put myself lunch for the next day in the fridge and someone swipes that lunch....but general snacks and such...no not really.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Yes I am.
    If I offer it 1st and its turned down by my child, too late don't ask again.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I share ALL the food!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't mean like they ate some of my 90 calorie fiber bars but I mean like they ate that and then followed it up with 5 slices of pizza and half a tub of ice cream! :laugh: That never happened btw, just an example. I wouldn't mind sharing my healthy food if they were actually trying to eat / be healthy but they aren't so it seems kinda wasteful.
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd rather everyone eat the better choices, better food.
    I don't consider any food "mine" here and everything is up for grabs.
    But I don't eat "special" foods or anything. When I Make Wise Choices it's just regular food so if we run out, there's a market in close driving distance
    :-)
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Only with my bacon.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes. Came home the other night and my younger cousin had devoured my sandwich thins; those things are not cheap! I've got a strict shopping budget and I can't just be dropping four bucks on thins so he can eat them all in one night (And he ate them all, all eight stinking buns, in the time it took me to watch 'Cars go Fast part 3241 with Paul Walker'.) I confess, I got a little annoyed.

I have my own separate food, that I pay for myself, and stay out of my families food (My gram passed away in April so I came home to help my aunt out, as she's currently expecting) and while I don't mind them eating some of thisthattheother when I cook (I'm not going to eat a whole meatloaf) I also don't expect my entire stash of bread to be gone.

/rant