Determined this time

Kincar
Kincar Posts: 601 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I posted on the Today show thread yesterday when I joined, but I thought I should do an official intro.

My name is Karen. I'm 42 y.o. I'm about to start a new school year teaching 4th grade. I need to lose around 25 lbs.

In the past year and a half I've gained quite a bit of weight through bad choices and lazy habits. That needs to change. I have two children, ages 12 and 9, and I want to be more active with them. Both of my parents had heart attacks. It's time I start taking the risks more seriously instead of having the mind set that it won't happen to me.

I have a closet full of nice clothes that no longer fit me. I don't want to buy all new, bigger clothes. I want to fit into the ones I have!

I haven't really committed myself to losing the weight. I'd SAY I wanted to, make better choices for a while, and then slip right back into making bad choices. This time I mean it. I want to feel good again about myself and the choices I make. I knew I needed to do something different this time to make it harder to slide back into those bad habits. I'm hoping joining this site and participating will do that for me.

Replies

• I know the feeling about the clothes, so depressing when I open my wardrobe and see all these great clothes and so few I fit in now!

Plus I'm moving to the other end of the country in two weeks and alot of excess clothing that I cnat wear but dont want to get rid of as it's so lovely!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Oh, I so hear you on getting rid of clothes when you move. I moved from NY to south Texas in 1998. I held on to sweaters for years because I loved them. I only get to wear a sweater once or twice a "winter" so slowly over time I've let the sweaters go. I have a few now that I've bought just because I love them. I've been here a long time and I still miss winter.
This discussion has been closed.