Sometimes struggle to meet 1400 cal

Options
Hey,

I've noticed that some days i don;t manage to meet 1400cals. These are the days when i do a lot of cardio e.g. 40 mins crosstrainer (580cal) but i'm not hungry enough to eat any more food.

Yesterday i was 800cal under my target but was full. I had a big dinner, but not much for breakfast or lunch as i'm never hugely hungry at these times.

Is this really bad?

Replies

• rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1,600-1,800 calories/day. Some days I eat back 1/2 my exercise calories but 1,800 is the maximum amount I eat. As long as your eating under your TDEE you won't gain but if you're not eating enough (Above your BMR) you won't lose either! I MAKE MYSELF eat ever 2-3 hours whether I'm hungry or not. Your body needs the fuel! :flowerforyou:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    why don't you eat food that's more calorie dense, Eg adding some nuts to your snacks or something adding more olive oil etc while cooking. Its doesn't have to me "food" that makes up the cals. even if you are full its not like your going to go into a food comer for adding a tablespoon of olive oil to your pan. Being that far under could make it harder for you to loose weight in future.
  • tommyprice2k
    Options
    On non exercise days i reach the target fine but when i exercise i never feel like making back the calories that i lost. I'm never hungry enough and never really think about it :)

Must try harder! I think adding nuts into my diet as a snack is a good idea!
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you eat but I do know that if you only eat once a day or bulk calories at one meal your killing your metabolism. You'll still lose weight but your body will also try to hold on to food when you do eat more. I know that Im not that active and wont be later on ( Im trying to change that but I have to be realistic with what's going on now. I set my calories at 1310 and I find that if I spread it throughout the day I don't need big meals to feel full and in fact can also stay under but I also don't feel the need to eat more later on. So this is for long term to help me keep eating small smeals even after I lose my weight. Easier to start the habit now. My food diary is open.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    On non exercise days i reach the target fine but when i exercise i never feel like making back the calories that i lost. I'm never hungry enough and never really think about it :)

Must try harder! I think adding nuts into my diet as a snack is a good idea!

Try having a protein shake, that what i have started doing as i was finding i had heaps of cals left after a work out. theres a 100+ cals right there. I don't usually get to eat till a hour later ( drive home shower cook etc) so it ties me over until then!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For me, I know when I have a real big burn day coming, from like a long run or something, I try to eat a few more calories the day before, even if it puts me over and then if I need to I'll have a few extra calories the day after. On days of runs that are 12+ miles it would put my net needs over 4000cals and on those days I tend to struggle to reach those numbers because when I go on long runs it totally kills my appetite.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you eat but I do know that if you only eat once a day or bulk calories at one meal your killing your metabolism. You'll still lose weight but your body will also try to hold on to food when you do eat more. I know that Im not that active and wont be later on ( Im trying to change that but I have to be realistic with what's going on now. I set my calories at 1310 and I find that if I spread it throughout the day I don't need big meals to feel full and in fact can also stay under but I also don't feel the need to eat more later on. So this is for long term to help me keep eating small smeals even after I lose my weight. Easier to start the habit now. My food diary is open.

I eat a good 1000 of my 1500-2500 cals a day between 6 and 9pm. This works the best for me and I am 31 pounds down and still losing nicely.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I never get this. How did you gain wight oroginally? Anyway just add some higher calorie foods. Nuts, dark chocolate whole eggs, cheese, peanut butter, solved!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Was just feeling the same way. I fudged up for almost 2 months and was eating chocolate and fraps so I met and exceeded my cals sometimes. Now that I am back on track I am at 700 cals today and don't know what to eat. I am just not hungry, but could go for a chocolate. I won't though. I tried protein shakes before but they taste overly sweet but in a bad way. I was eating a chocolate protein bar that I adored before my hiatus but don't have the funds to order them right now. Thinking of pre boiling eggs and having some veggies premixed so I can have a salad for dinner nightly. I am so not a dinner person though.