BLOATED EVEN THOUGH IM EATING HEALTHY.

Options
Every day whenever i come back from school im so bloated! I eat very healthy. (fish or chicken every day, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, grains or wheat). I do cardio 4-5 times a week and that is my form of excercise. I notice after i do cardio i still look bloated. I drink 2 liters of water everyday (8 cups) AT LEAST. I usually have green tea 2-3 times a day. I use truvia everyday instead of sugar. Ive lost 14 pounds since i was at my heaviest. Im 5'0 105-106 pounds. My main concern is my stomach and im always bloated! how can i fix it? is it my diet? could it be ibs? how about gluten?

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Have you increased your fiber intake significantly? A sudden jump up and cause bloating and distress for weeks while your system adjusts.
  • lollyjenny98712
    Options
    No not that im aware! i eat roughly 20-30 grams of fiber eveyrday!
    ****MAY I ADD. My limit is 1200 cal but with my cardio added, by the end of the day i normally have 200-400 calories left. This is usually for everyday. Am i not eating enough?**********
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    How are you sodium levels?
  • lollyjenny98712
    Options
    Most days theyre under 2000
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A lot of things you eat whether healthy or not can make you bloated fruits, vegetables, beans, dairy, etc.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't weight lifting it has to be fiber and/or sodium making you retain water. Also do not discount your cycle. Not being sexist, but it can be a factor.

When you say 'bloated' are you really bloated or maybe have a lot of gas? The way I tell if it's water retention is my rings. If they go on tight then I'm bloated.

What is your concern about your stomach? Internal concerns or appearance?
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    it happens... it happens all the time! give it time.

i have asparagus or broccoli and i look like a pregnant chick

edit - i have IBS
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    No not that im aware! i eat roughly 20-30 grams of fiber eveyrday!
    ****MAY I ADD. My limit is 1200 cal but with my cardio added, by the end of the day i normally have 200-400 calories left. This is usually for everyday. Am i not eating enough?**********

Probably. Your BMR is 1300 and your TDEE with exercise 1600, exactly as mfp tells you. MFP is designed so you eat back the exercise calories.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

You are at the healthy range for your height. Instead of cardio why do not you do some workouts from blogilates.com to tone? Casey is young and hip. And eat more.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gluten and dairy are usually the biggest culprits if it's a food allergy/intolerance (also google "foods that cause bloating"). You could try cutting them out for a few weeks and see if it gets better. There is another recent "bloated" forum out there with suggestions you should check. You could try probiotics if it isn't related to these foods. I had severe bloating after anything and everything I ate a few months ago and after two days of probiotics, I was back to normal (and I continue to not eat gluten for digestive reasons).
  • lollyjenny98712
    Options
    My appearance mainly! in the mornings i look very thin but its around afternoon when i start to look pregnant! Il cut back the sodium , but now im starting to think im not eating enough calories. Even when i dont do cardio i make sure to have at least 200 calories left over which means (1000 cal a day)! whats your opinions?
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    U are bloated from the carbs that's normal if your carb intake is high specially from fruits and grains .if u only eat the foods u listed then u are hardly getting around 15 grams of fat :S that's not good at all i think u should sub fruits or grains for nuts .
  • klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    try reading up on food combining. It has to do with the digestive speed of different foods and combining them together in certain ways to decrease gas and bloating.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    Oh and Try to get 100 or less grams of carbs if our still bloated then your not moving enough
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    My appearance mainly! in the mornings i look very thin but its around afternoon when i start to look pregnant! Il cut back the sodium , but now im starting to think im not eating enough calories. Even when i dont do cardio i make sure to have at least 200 calories left over which means (1000 cal a day)! whats your opinions?

Maybe it's just the food? If you are eating <1200 you are hurting yourself. You need to figure out your TDEE and adjust your intake for your particular goals. if you are going for a 6 pack, that takes a low BF% and a lot of time.
  • getfit_kal120
    Options
    Its definitely gluten. try going gluten free for a few months you will see a huge difference
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    U are bloated from the carbs that's normal if your carb intake is high specially from fruits and grains .if u only eat the foods u listed then u are hardly getting around 15 grams of fat :S that's not good at all i think u should sub fruits or grains for nuts .

Agreed. You could have a gluten allergy as well and eating a lot of grains can bloat you.
  • getfit_kal120
    Options
    You should read the book called wheat belly
  • lollyjenny98712
    Options
    thank you everyone!!!
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You should read the book called wheat belly
    ^^This! I also immediately thought of glutenous grains Dairy can contribute as well, if you have sensitivity or intolerance. Most likely it's the gluten though.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

If you are asking, then you already quite clearly know full well that you are not eating enough.
    It is nout to be proud of so I suggest eating a bit more.