Newbie :s

Options
Hi guys,

I had an accident which had me lying in a bed for 3 months and left me with an ankle full of metal and 3 stone heavier :s
I've been given the all clear to start exercising again but to 'take it easy'

I'm 5"6 and 200lb
I've brought a 2-in-1 exercise bike and cross trainer although I've been told to only use the bike as it takes the pressure off my ankle.

I need to lose weight to take the pressure off my ankle in order to exercise more.... Has anyone gone through anything like this??

I've lost all self confidence since my accident and gone from a size 12 to a 16.
Any advice, support, motivational expressions etc will be very much appreciated

x(",)x

Replies

• kerstenruth
    kerstenruth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest! Congratulations on choosing to make it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • jirocpa
    jirocpa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident. It must be tough but it looks like you've made the decision to get your old self back. Congratulations on taking that first step! Since you can't run or use an elliptical machine, etc yet, how about a rowing machine or some laps in a local pool? Tracking food is going to be crucial to your success, but you can do this! Add some friends, and use them to keep you honest and on track. Add me if you like. Good luck!