Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown vs. 30 Day Shred?

Options
I'm debating which of these to start tomorrow. The 30 Day Slimdown provides more variety, but I've found a lot more reviews and great results for the Shred and they're really good, so I'm kind of torn. Has anyone done either of them and have an opinion? Especially the Slimdown, there really doesn't seem to be much out there about that, unless I'm not looking for it in the right places. Thank you!!

Replies

• Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shed yesterday. I have never heard on the slim down. Would love to know what people think.
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've done Shred and I loved it, and it gave great results. I'm currently on my 2nd week of Slimdown and I think it's a better overall program. The Slimdown incorporates Shred (cardio/strength) , No More Trouble Zones (primarily strength training) and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (primarily cardio). The variety in the routines ensures that you don't get bored and NMTZ and BFBM are longer workouts
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have not done the "Slim Down" because from what I've heard it requires several different DVDs. I only have 30 DS and Ripped in 30. I really like both of them. I could only assume that if you like one of her circuit type DVDs, then you would probably like the Slim Down since it is basically rotating them.

As far as results, the first time I did the shred, I lost 4 lbs and 10 inches. The Ripped did not get as much inches, but lost another 4 lbs. But at that point my weight loss and inch loss had leveled off to a more steady pace. I have done the shred twice, and am doing Ripped for the second time now.
  • AACVIC
    AACVIC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im not familiar with the slim down is it a video? Im alway looking for new things to help with my weight loss that I can do when it is raining out side
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shed yesterday. I have never heard on the slim down. Would love to know what people think.

I started 30 day shred yesterday too :0) How did you find it??
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The Slimdown isn't its own DVD, it's a rotation of multiple DVDs of hers:
    DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

I'm pretty sure Jillian Michaels put together the schedule herself, at least that's what I've read. And thank you to everyone for your responses! I'm going to start with 30 DS Level 1 tomorrow since that would be the first day for both programs, and try and make up my mind by the third day when the Slimdown would have me rotate.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just go the shred today can't wait to do it tomorrow.
  • jillianlamb
    jillianlamb Posts: 29
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting 30DS! I'm about a week into it and really loving it. The first couple sessions are rough, but stick with it because your endurance does go way up. I haven't done JM's Slimdown but based on the schedule you posted auteurfille22 I think I'd like it! The plan is to do her Shed and Shred after 30DS, but I'll look into the Slimdown.
    Happy exercising :)