Ate 3922 (over 1422) in sodium, is this ok?

Options
jonathanp2
jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
I usually do pretty well, but today I ate sausage that had alot of sodium, I am under my calarie limit like usual. Am I ok? Or should I drink water like crazy and eat and banana.

Replies

• SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I usually do pretty well, but today I ate sausage that had alot of sodium, I am under my calarie limit like usual. Am I ok? Or should I drink water like crazy and eat and banana.

Just expect to bloat a little a few days and move on...sodium is only a problem if you have really high blood pressure.

If you exercise regularly sodium is not that big of an issue unless you are eating crystals of it every day. That sweat burns right through all the sodium. Just don't over do it all the time...
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Its hard to not go over a little. Today I ate veggies with a burrito, and somehow I went over. I dont do it every day. But how can I keep it down? I am not doing workout right now because I was focussing on my diet although this week I start walking 3 1/2 miles again.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    it isn't a problem unless you have high blood pressure or kidney issues. Turn it off if it bugs you.
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I go way over the limit, but that's balanced by days when I have less than 1500 mg.
    It all evens out for me without really trying. Last year, they decided that no one should have more than 1500 mg per day, but recently researchers decided you can have 2500/day without a problem, unless you have certain medical conditions.
    When you restrict calories, sometimes eating something salty keeps you from eating something really fatty, so salt has its diet uses.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You'll survive... this time!