Paleo Diet

Options
I have read a number of interesting and informative things on the Paleo diet? Anyone have personal experience with it? Positive or negative. Thanks!

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Love it.

Very Diabetic friendly. Great for gluten allergies. it was hard to give up grains and dairy... still struggle with it. You still need to meet your macros and count your calories though.
  • LiveFitLoveLife
    LiveFitLoveLife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been Paleo since last July and love it. Not only do you lose weight but you also lose all sorts of bothersome "health issues" you most likely think are normal. A great book to start with is Practical Paleo. It is amazing! If you ever have questions just let me know :)
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally tried it, but I too would like to hear some opinions. I have been considering attempting it due to recently developed health issues and seeing many reports that people experiencing the same things as I have been felt much better sticking to a strict paleo diet.

my curiosity is more about how difficult is it to transition from eating normal (in my case i consider that to be relatively healthy but pretty filled with non paleo foods) to eating paleo.
  • bonnieshowersmalanoski
    Options
    I lost 40lb. using the Primal Diet which is similar but a little less strict than the paleo diet in that you can eat dairy and some fruit. My daughter, my sister and my niece also lost significant amounts of weight with the Primal Diet and my niece and my daughter still follow it religiously. They feels so good they wouldn't eat any other way now. I also have a colleague who tried it and has lost over 40lb. and her diabetes is so well-controlled now her endocrinologist told her she doesn't need to see her anymore. She told her just keep doing what you are doing.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Someone should get DatMurse in here for opinions!

I'm going to check back for the lulz.

ETA - check out paleomg.com
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been on it a few days now, I'm gluten sensitive so this diet works well for me, still using dairy but not as much...lost a couple of pounds too! I'm sticking with it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    There are hundreds and hundreds of topics on this already. It comes up every day. There is a button above the forums called 'search'. It can be very useful as a tool.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Fad diet.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have been Paleo for about two years now and ALL my digestive issues I suffered with for years disappeared. I no longer miss grains at all. Icecream however is another story. :tongue:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's a healthy diet, but it's also very restrictive. It works well for some people, but if it's not something you can see yourself maintaining, I wouldn't do it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    There are hundreds and hundreds of topics on this already. It comes up every day. There is a button above the forums called 'search'. It can be very useful as a tool.

Actually, the search function isn't that great. I was looking for information on 5:2 diet, and I mostly got results about women who are 5'2", and only a couple pages at that. I know it's been discussed many times on the forum, but I couldn't easily find those threads.