Getting back on the wagon. Again.

Options
theoesque
theoesque Posts: 36 Member
So last year, with MFP, I went from close to 190 pounds down to 168, and I was incredibly proud of myself.
November 2011:
tumblr_inline_mnmj1nGRHe1qz4rgp.png

March: 2012
tumblr_m3nx34EvbM1r6b28yo1_r1_250.jpg

All this was done with just exercise and MFP, which was a nice change after my years of struggling with disordered eating and behavior.

I kept it up for a while, but then I was working 30-40 hours a week on top of being a full-time student, and struggling with family issues and fighting off depression and it all came back with interest. Granted, it took over a year to completely undo the hard work of four months, which gives me hope for starting again, but it's just difficult because I'm so mad at myself for being back here.

So here it is, me at 192 friggin pounds and ready to go at it again.
tumblr_mnmixyeFnm1r1mo7ao1_500.png

Who's with me?

Replies

• likli
    likli Posts: 4
    Options
    Girl I feel ya, I've been on and off at least a hundred times!! I'm with ya!
  • samanthapmorrell
    Options
    I feel your pain. I think weight and a fit lifestyle is a process and it ebbs and flows with our lives. Yes, maintenance would be ideal but things happen. It's also soooo easy to feel comfortable when you're at a place that you're pretty happy with and the bad habits sneak up on us pretty quickly.

Good for you for doing it once and good for you for being ready to stop and go back to living healthy and losing the weight again! For me each time I have to start fresh I am happy in the fact that I'm not usually (though I have) starting from my original square one AND it sticks a little more each time! I think I'm on my 3rd ride on the wagon and it feels the best right now than it has yet. You know you can do it because you have!!!
  • theoesque
    theoesque Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I know it's a journey, it's just really frustrating to come so far and then backslide completely =/
  • trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too am working on losing the weight AGAIN and am angry with myself. i want to feel like I did when I took it off and had more confidence in my appearance. We are on the same road my friend.
  • ShaniB729
    ShaniB729 Posts: 18
    Options
    :sad: Girlllll.....I have th same exact story!!! Back on the wagon we go...
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    My story's a little different. I joined MFP after losing 10 pounds on my own. I lost a further 14 pounds - with plenty more to go. But I stalled. A car accident (I was rear-ended) took me out and sucked away my motivation for exercise and diet. I've barely maintained for the last four or five months.

About the only exercise that I'm allowed to do for the time being is walking. I don't enjoy walking by myself so the encouragement of some MFP friends to go out and do it would be helpful.

BTW... my current weight is 192 pounds, too!
  • tprice90
    tprice90 Posts: 8
    Options
    I too fell off the wagon not too long ago. Fell pretty damn hard too - fast food most days, drinking most days, sweets whenever they sounded good. I got super lucky and only put about 10 pounds back on after initially losing 40.

But two weeks ago cleaned up my act, and here I am again just about back to where I was! It can be really tough, but you know you have it in you because you achieved a lot on the first go around. You got this!

Best wishes :]
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Me toooo! I've lost and gained and lost and gained the same bloody kilos a hundred times it seems! Will add you now!!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals we have to fight for our happiness, because everyone deserves to be and feel happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better