easier for thinner ladies to wear high heels than big ??

Options
right what i want to know is your opinion on whether the reason i found high heels so hard to walk in is because of how heavy i was and am ?? Have you found this to be the case yourself, cause damn, if im walking for a reasonable length of time the balls of my feet would kill, and i just figured it must be the extra baggage im hauling about lol ..

Replies

• die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (386) could not walk in heals for more than a few moments. Now I am a daily 2-3 inch heal wearer...totally think that weight makes a difference.
  • sadiescully
    sadiescully Posts: 40
    Options
    At my heaviest (386) could not walk in heals for more than a few moments. Now I am a daily 2-3 inch heal wearer...totally think that weight makes a difference.

So thats something i could look forward to again then. happy days :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Same here. I hated wearing heels when I was heavy. Now it's no big deal, although I'm still more comfortable in flats. I can wear 4" heels all day at work with no problem (I have an office job, so I'm not on my feet ALL day, but do move around a bit).
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    me too - balls of my feet went on strike when I was heavier. Now I can wear them all day with no issues at all. It is awesome.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    It is definitely much easier with less weight to carry. Plus, I lost a whole shoe size. Now I can find all kinds of cute heels in my size. Yay!!
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    I went from the 160's to over 205 near the end of my freshman year of college and could no longer wear heels. I found this out when I thought I could get away with stilettos one night and the balls of my feet actually swelled up so badly I had difficulty walking even without the shoes. Prior to college I had been anywhere from 115-185 and never had trouble with heels. I loved them! So I haven't gotten back down to that size or below to know if I can wear them again or if there's any other factor besides my weight, but I know the more weight I lose, the easier it gets for me to wear any heels. Right now I'm 202 and can only wear about 1.5 inch heels without pain. Then again, I see girls heavier than me walking around in stilettos so perhaps it just depends on your feet and your frame.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Heck yea. When I was a stick figure and working at Steve Madden I could walk around in 4 inch heels all day and be fine.

Now, I can be in them for an hour tops and I can FEEL the extra weight on the balls of my feet.
  • sadiescully
    sadiescully Posts: 40
    Options
    well it explains it then, i really thought maybe i had developed bad feet and was destined to wear flats, light at the end of the tunnel then. cant wait, iv got some super cute heels calling to me. they make you feel so much sexier dont they.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can last a few hours in heels but after that, my feet will hurt like hell that I can't walk in them anymore. The pressure would be on the balls of my feet, and my calves cramp up lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yes much easier why do we wear them though glad I couldn't for awhile cuz bunion feet are nasty
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... interesting. I've worn high heels at all different weights and never had a problem.