Insanity

Options
mcibty
mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
Hey all,

I have a bit more free time at work on a Friday so I just started Googling around Insanity. Can anyone give me a quick pros/cons blast?

Thanks guys.

Replies

• theodosiou23
    theodosiou23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I gave it a go for the first time last night. I was really hard but if you can commit to the 60 days then I reckon it will be worth every bead of sweat!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    In my opinion:

Pro: Best DVD workout I've ever done - burns lots of calories for the amount of time done, noticeable results, addictive.

Cons: High impact and some of the moves are very difficult.
  • mcibty
    Options
    Also, I get the option with my gym to freeze my membership, so I think I would do that for two months whilst doing it. Does anyone else also go to the gym?!
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    I use the gym around 3 times a week. I also try to do the 30 day shred a couple of times a week, or a similar circuit style routine. I find that mixing it up between usual gym workouts and the HIIT-type dvd's you can get out there is the best way to go for me. Doing a dvd every day can become monotonous. I feel I still get good results, but I don't count the number of days I've been doing it for - I just try to make it part of my life now.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I did Insanit and blogged about it while I was doing the progam.
    If you're interested just read it through my page.
    In short I really enjoyed it, but it kicked the sh1 out of me.
    I'm about to finis Insanity " The Asylum " on Monday, so it must have struck a chord.
  • mcibty
    Options
    Well, I've bought the dvds and some new workout clothes to make me feel ready for a new challenge!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it because by the time I got around to having time for it (and finishing other DVDs), I decided to take to running and strength training so it doesn't really fit into my plan now. However, I have seen some amazing results and once people are a month in, they seem to love it and start seeing results that keep them motivated. I have heard it is very tough though.