Breakfast

Options
How many times in a week should one consume eggs for breakfast? I tend to have one whole egg (including the yolk) and two slices of toast almost 5 days a week. Also what are the other healthy breakfast options?

Replies

• djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There's no quota on egg consumption per se. If you want them 7 days a week go for it! There are hundreds of healthy breakfast options. I like oatmeal, protein shakes, sweet potato pancakes, fruit, grits, fresh fruit smoothies, whole wheat bagel thins with salmon, egg white omelets with fat free cheese...

The list goes on and on :)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like spreading a bit of peanut butter on my toast, its good protein :) I don't add butter and I don't go nuts...excuse the pun :P
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Porridge! Mmm! And full for hours. Chop a banana into it no sugar.
    My guess is eggs are fine they are unprocessed natural food packed with nutrients fabulous healthy fast food.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat 2 whole eggs, and 1 slice of wholemeal toast for breaky 3-4 times a week. Runny yolks every time. nom nom nom! Also there's more calories in 2 slices of bread than in 2 eggs. Eggs are full of good fats and protein!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Avocado on bagel instead of cream cheese. OoO
    Avocado on any toasted bread product.
    Quinoa in the place of regular oat meal.
    Greek Yogurt.
  • techcat10
    techcat10 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks people...

Got alot of good breakfast ideas from you all.

Is muesli a better option than cereals / oats?
  • BunnyW22
    BunnyW22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Sometimes I'll eat egg whites and an english muffin every morning for a week. It's all up to you. Or if I want to change it up I'll eat some quick oats with chocolate protein powder mixed in, fruit, or a little peanut butter and toast.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs near on every day in at least one of my meals, there is nothing wrong with eating lots of egg.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think the recommendation in the UK is no more than 10 per week if you have cholesterol issues but other than that, as many as you like! My dad has three every morning and has done for years and doesn't seem to have done him any harm and also keep him full until he gets a chance to eat again as he doesn't have a structured time for lunch with his job.
  • MalinLondon
    MalinLondon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats are really good for you but I mix with porridge some days and youghurt with home made muesli on some days. It's better to make your own as shop bought muesli has sugar in it. My muesli is made from dry roasted buchwheat, seeds, coconut flakes, goji berries, raisins, chopped dates, hazelnuts and walnuts. I would never eat cereal as it has too much "bad carbs", sugar etc.