Hey there so "kinda" new to this online stuff

Options
Hey there! so yea, I'm a noob when it comes to this website, and It seems really nice to find people who motivate and support each other. A little background: My Name is Alex! And I am a "Foodaholic" I used to weigh about 245 lbs at the age 15 with little to no social life.. but All that changed and for a good 2 years all I did was eat Chicken and brown rice. Also ran about 2-6 miles a day. After I reached my goal weight of 160, I got well.. Lazy. And went all the way back up to 190lbs. So taking the bull by the horns I decided to do this workout called "Insanity" and lost a lot of body fat and gained a good amount of muscle. So getting back to around 165 I was feeling great... but life takes another big turn on me, I recently Moved up to Northern California from Southern Cali a few months ago. And that Vicious cycle is starting to happen all over again! I weighed myself the other day, and see myself getting back up in weight again. But I feel that Motivation to lose weight is slipping hardcore, maybe its because i keep repeating this Gain weight / lose weight cycle and my mind is just over it. So I guess that's why I'm here, just looking for something to get that brain of mine motivated. Thanks for making it to the end of my sob story =D.

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Friend request sent.
    My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals we have to fight for our happiness, because everyone deserves to be and feel happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Alex. I have a hunch you'll do great here. It's a great community.
  • danni766
    danni766 Posts: 23
    Options
    Same here with being new to online stuff! All I know is that I am at my low point and am done feeling disgusted with the way I look and how much I weigh. It is time to lose the weight and I am going to need some serious motivation! It is great that there are people on here who are in the same mindset as me!
  • Calinorth
    Calinorth Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone! =D
  • megansarro
    megansarro Posts: 23
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I start doing good than it all goes downhill! Here to motivate, your welcome to add me :)
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome:)
    Same here, my weight went up and down, up and down. Then I found this page and it was one of the best decision to sign up here:) feel free to add me.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, welcome aboard. There is a saying, "if you do the same thing, you will get the same results". Stay here and we will be with you the whole way.:smile:
  • Calinorth
    Calinorth Posts: 7
    Options
    @13tea Yea, Def a good saying lol
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can do this.... :) Lots of motivation on here and helpful hints.... Feel free to add me, if you like....