Bananas........ attract mosquitoes.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    banana-sparta-300.gif
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with banana's, just dont make eye contact with ANYBODY *especially males whilst eating one :embarassed:

bananaso.jpg
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with banana's, just dont make eye contact with ANYBODY *especially males whilst eating one :embarassed:

bananaso.jpg
    ...and we have a winner! WTG Shelly!
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    *Anything* can make you gain weight. Saying "X can make you gain weight" isn't really saying anything.

Pros: Bananas are a good source of potassium, manganese, and magnesium (and many people are deficient in these). They're naturally packaged and easily transportable.

Cons: They turn black really fast and also raise your blood sugar.

Eat them. There's good stuff in them. But eat in moderation knowing their potential to spike your blood sugar.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pros: They are delicious and I can't go a day without one... or two.

Cons: None as they are delicious.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Like everything else, if you don't eat too many, you're good to go :) I eat at least one per day, loove them!
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can almost 100% guarantee you that all of the obese people in the world did not get that way from eating too many bananas.

lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great. Curried bananas, ginger bananas, chocolate dipped bananas, wonderful. I eat them almost every day and lose weight steadily. Sure you can gain weight eating ANYTHING, even rice cakes, which aren't even food but styrofoam. :)

curried/ginger bananas?? YUMMM! recipe?

don't you dare cut out bananas, that would be rude, and you'd miss out on a delicious fruit full of good for you carbs and potassium. stick to 2-4 servings of fruit a day instead.... but if it comes down to it, between a candy bar binge and a banana binge? I'm gonna have to side with my lovely innocent banana friend, noms.

Curried or ginger bananas; Choose a ripe banana, peel it, cut it into one inch slices, and saute in a pan with a tablespoon or two of light butter or Smart Balance ( depending on size of banana) with a couple of tablespoons of curry powder, I prefer Jamaican curry to Madras, which can be a little too hot, heat through, sprinkle with coarse ground black pepper (don't leave this out), dive in. Ginger version, use ground ginger to taste, a tablespoon or so, with maybe a handful of crystallized ginger baking chips ( from The Ginger People). I made these for a houseful of people in Ocho Rios and they were a hit.
  • MelissaHopeG
    MelissaHopeG Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Interesting all of these comments because I only eat two pieces of fruit each day and seem to ALWAYS go over my sugar levels! I was honestly curious about the banana too.... do you all count the fruit-sugar in your sugar totals??
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to sugar, just overall calorie count.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    one of natures perfect foods...the Potassium to sodium balance is perfect at 4 to 1..and bananas just like any other of natures foods should be consumed in abundance!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Eat bananas. They're good for you and they're delicious. What's good enough for Monkey, is awesomeness for me!

MonkeyBanana.gif
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas everyday... at least one... with natural peanut butter...

do I look like I'm gaining any weight???

<

Me too and hopefully getting as slim as you :smile:
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Interesting all of these comments because I only eat two pieces of fruit each day and seem to ALWAYS go over my sugar levels! I was honestly curious about the banana too.... do you all count the fruit-sugar in your sugar totals??

As a vegetarian, I also include a lot of fruit into my diet. I am not diabetic so sugar is less important to me than overall calories. Since I'm a little older, and don't eat a lot of dairy, I think it is more important to keep an eye on my calcium intake. I changed the sugar to calcium using settings.

Oh and bananas are good.
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMS2pSvVMBY

Plus I'm about to eat a bunch of them because I bought a ton at the store yesterday so I guess I'll have banana thighs.... damn it lol
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    I avoid nuts. Too many calories and fat for so little pleasure. Just my opinion of course.

How do you live!? I eat like 3 serves of nuts a day.... 0.0
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. They fit into my macros, and I love them with peanut butter.

Bananas don't love me. They cause me to not poop.

Some days, the banana wins, some days, the bowels win.

I've actually heard this quite a lot too... how would you counteract that?? More fiber?? Peanuts and such?
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every day with breakfast.. i dont think i've gained weight..