Miscarriage - weight gain - weight loss

Options
So I had a second trimester miscarriage in March and am now struggling to lose the kgs I put on in the pregnancy. It is seriously killing me right now! I have read online that others have had the same experience - stubborn kilos....

Basically I would love to hear from others who have had the same problems as I am having now.
As if having a miscarriage isn't hard enough now I cant lose the weight I gained during the pregnancy.

Lifes a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dont really have any advice, but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss =(
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

Note that pregnancy weight or non-pregnancy weight...its just weight. No secret to losing other than diet and exercise. Stay strong and focused and you'll lose the weight!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me a few years ago. Sorry for your loss.

I did the LiveFit trainer 5mos after my loss. I had very decent results from it.
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a double whammy, but it's only been 2 months (maybe a bit over 2). Maybe hormones needed some time to level off, also you just went through a difficult, emotional experience. Consider the past 2 months time for you to heal. I'm hoping that if you can stick with it for another 2 months you'll see some results, its a slow process. I am sorry for your loss and good luck in reaching your goals!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss :( I have personally had 3 miscarriages. It is something that is very difficult to go through. My best advice is to look at your body as a beautiful reminder you carried life. A visual reminder that a baby lived. It might have been brief, but there was a precious child that resided within you. Yes the time was way too short in your life, but life was there, and you love your baby, and know your baby loves you. You are blessed to be able to carry life, not every woman can. This was a perspective a friend gave me after my 3rd miscarriage. I was also dealing with the fact that my husband didn't want any more kids for fear of losing them.
  • QJ2013
    QJ2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby. I have been there.

And this may not sit well on a fitness board, but it comes from lots of experience with myself and others.

First, cut yourself a break. Grief is exhausting, hard work that makes you so tired even if you aren't physically moving a lot. Trying to push through it or make it go faster will end badly later on. You owe it to yourself, your family, and the memory of your baby to face the loss and deal with the emotions. You may have to focus on your mental and emotional health more than the physical for a little while.

Second, yes, the hormones are working against you. Again, give yourself a little time and start slowly. Walks alone may give you time to think; walks with your partner or a friend may be helpful for talking out what has happened. Part of the healing is telling your story to yourself or someone else over and over until it is real in your brain. It may sound like you are "wallowing" but in reality you are working through the shock and processing what has happened.

Know that you are not alone, and that you will get stronger day by day. (((Take care of you)))
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So I had a second trimester miscarriage in March and am now struggling to lose the kgs I put on in the pregnancy. It is seriously killing me right now! I have read online that others have had the same experience - stubborn kilos....

Basically I would love to hear from others who have had the same problems as I am having now.
    As if having a miscarriage isn't hard enough now I cant lose the weight I gained during the pregnancy.

Lifes a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry you lost your baby. It is really hard.
  • presleytitus
    presleytitus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some advice for you, but unfortunately I am in the same situation. I lost my son at 16 weeks last month. Prior to pregnancy I had just lost 20 lbs.. it took about 8 months for me to finally lose it. During my 16 weeks I gained most of it back and am DETERMINED to get back to where I was in December. I just started back tracking my food and am easing back into Spin class. I also have workmates that I walk with twice a week. I like the workout time because it gives me an hour a day of focusing on something other than what I had planned to be doing right now (putting the nursery together, planning the shower with my family, etc.)
    Even though I know I was fortunate to even get pregnant as I have PCOS and even more to have been able to deliver and hold my Nicholas while saying goodbye, I still feel ripped off at times. So please know you are definitely not alone.
    Lots of love to you and feel free to friend me if you like.
  • kw16262013
    kw16262013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am not active in the community (mostly just use the food tracker here) but this topic struck a chord with me and I want to give you some encouragement. I am very sorry for your losses. I have been in this situation, I lost my son in the second trimester in May 2012.

I also have a two year old daughter, and previous to my first pregnancy I was slightly overweight (155 at 5'3") but not entirely unhappy with my body...I "carried the weight well," plus I love food, so I wasn't motivated to make any changes. Two back-to-back pregnancies changed that. I was up 12 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight but I was very unhappy with my appearance (all my excess weight had shifted from my boobs/butt to my belly) and I was having trouble keeping up with my daughter. On 1/1/13 I started tracking calories and using a stationary bike at home. I'm also starting the 30 Day Shred this week. Although I'm not quite to my ultimate goal weight yet (5-10 pounds to go), I'm at a healthy BMI for the first time since high school (I'm 30) and I wear a size 4/6 for the first time in my adult life. I feel so much better now! I'm not saying the weight loss is easy, just that it's do-able.

If it's only been 2-3 months you most likely do need time to heal, both emotionally and physically. Go easy on yourself. ((HUGS))

@PaulaDygert-your advice is beautiful and so true.